98 T&C Fuel Gauge Problem - Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Old 08-16-2005, 10:14 PM

Default 98 T&C Fuel Gauge Problem

This past weekend I had to replace the fuel pump in my T&C. It wasnt that bad of a job but now my damned fuel gauge isnt properly tracking the amount of gas left in the tank. I found this out the hard way when I ran out of gas while still showing a 1/4 tank of gas. So when I got home I again dropped the tank and pulled the pump and the float and arm didnt seem to be in a bind at all. I then re-installed the fuel pump and it showed empty, filled her back up and it showed full tank. After driving today approximately 60 miles the gauge still shows full and I fear it isnt tracking again.

Is there some trick to get it set right to properly track the level ? I would hate to have to track fuel level by mileage driven. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sofargone