Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cardone parts as an alternative to original parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Lightbulb Cardone parts as an alternative to original parts

Hello,

I own a Chrysler Voyager LX year 2001 and some days ago my rear windshieldwiper jsut stoped working. Of course I checked the motor and it just died

I phoned our Chrysler service here in Slovenia and they said that the new motor costs 200 EUR! I checked ebay and some other sites and came acrosss the Cardone Aftermarket parts - here the motor costs only 65$!

Does anyone here has some expiriance with this Cardone parts or shold I start saving money for the original one?

Many thanks for your help and have a nice day.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:52 AM

hello star69,

I'm from Slovenia as well but I'll continue to write in english so everyone else can read and undestand this thread.
I have the same problem as you do. I mean the rear wiper does not work but I'm not sure if it's the motor's fault or the wiring the switch or maybe the fuse (which i can't seem to find in the fuse box). So how did you test all of those to pin the problem down to the motor? Thanks! You can send pm if you like and we continue there in slovenian language.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Up4Si
So how did you test all of those to pin the problem down to the motor?
First of all we have deinstalled the wiper and the motor.
The first thing we saw on the motor was a burned wire and besides that a broken diode (on the picture is already the replaced one).
We have replaced the diode with a new one and connected the motor to 12V and the motor tried to turn, but only turned a millimeter - it jammed. My friend whos an electrician immediately said the motor is broken

Old 07-20-2011, 02:53 AM

Wow, burned wires! Does the rear wiper have a fuse? I can't find it and your picture with burned wires is telling me that there isn't one and that seems serioulsy dangerous to me! What if the fire would spread? I'm wondering how many other electric parts are in this vehicle waiting unprotectedly to burn something up! ???

Anyway thanks for the explanation and the picture. My car is at the moment of speaking at the local garage and it is being inspected for the rear wiper and electric mirror malfunction along with some other part replacment jobs.