Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

airbag warning light on from time to time

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Default airbag warning light on from time to time

Hello everybody,

Three or four times a week and for up to 10 or 15 seconds I am getting the airbag test light on. I took the car to the local dealer but the computer did not register any error code. The technician told me that it is probably the clockspring but did not change it because he was not sure. He advised me to make a simple test the next time I get the light on: blow the horn while the light is on. If it doesn’t work it is the clockspring. I did it yesterday and the horn bleu.

Have someone experienced the same problem?

Any suggestion to have the problem diagnosed?

Regards

Latreto

Old 05-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: airbag warning light on from time to time

what year van ?? and there will be codes even if it is not an active light on ther codes will be stored for 40 starts in the stored area. If u have a newer van say 01 and up are u talking about the passanger side light the one in the center console?

Old 05-28-2007, 09:27 AM

My car is a 2004 T&C 3.3l Lx.

The light that is turning on is the one that represents the airbag (ballon in front of a sitting human figure).

I did not understand what do you mean by "passanger side light the one in the center console"

Regards

Latreto

Old 05-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

u have a second light in the center dash right above your radio. Press down on your passanger seat and u will see it come on. Read your owners manul on how it works to hard to explane over the net. And yes u will have stored coeds a dealer can pull up.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:36 PM

I just began having this exact same issue in my 2001 Voyager. I only have 79,000 miles on the car, so I know it should not be worn out! It is the driver side airbag symbol that I am seeing.

What types of issues could be causing the light to come on?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:57 AM

Regarding the second light in the center dash right above the radio, I have never seen it. I do not know if mi car does not have it or the light has been burned forever.
While the airbag light is on (the one in the instrument panel) the horn does work. I have not been able to test the cruise control. The CRUISE light turns on but I when I got the airbag light on my speed was below 40 km/hr.

Regards

Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

well i can tell both o u is to have some one scan the air bag computer and see what code pops up and go from there.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:04 PM

I did that last week. The authorized dealer scanned the computer and no code is registered. That is why they asked me to see if the horn works along with the cruise control, while the airbag light is on (15 second aprox)

Should I have the second airbag light or some models don't have one?

Regards

Old 06-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

i dont know what to tell u then if u can take it to another dealer the light will not come on unless there is something wrong and a code is stored when it comes on. If nothing still u might haft to leave it witht hem inorder for them to drive it around and see if the code then pops up.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:02 PM

I had the same issues. It was the clockspring: it was replaced under the recall. This solved the problem.

Fred

Quick Reply: airbag warning light on from time to time