Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Alarm came on but no Flashing Indicators

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Default Alarm came on but no Flashing Indicators

Strange one this that sorted itself. Stopped at house, pulled key out and alarm went off but there was no flashing indicators. Car started ok when Alarm was sounding
In process of opening bonnet to do a hard reset Alarm went off. Anyway did hard reset. Car still starts ok and no codes on key dance.
Fault just disappeared. Anyone had this same fault.
Grand Voyager CRD 2003 manual.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:17 PM

I'm coming up with key fob or main starter battery. A new battery was put in fob not long ago. Main battery should have been charger after running.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:56 PM

Sounds like [SKIM / SKREEM] an instrument cluster error such as SBEC message not received or SKIM message not received. You won't see SKIM / SKREEM errors on a key dance. Doing a 'hard reset' by pulling the NEG for 15 minutes generally clears it, and it appears to have done just that - - can I assume from what you've written that this BUS fart is sorted and you now have working central locking and a functioning alarm system back ?

Old 05-25-2014, 04:01 PM

Yes everything seems back to normal. But saying that the Central locking alarm doesn't seem to last long before I've got to lock it with the key. Hard reset usually solves that but only for about a week. Doesn't bother me too much as we carry dogs about with us most times and have to use key.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:25 PM

Its happened to me twice mate, not me personally but my son when I send him to the car. He swears he's done nothing wrong but I have the feeling that if you press the buttons on our UK FOB's wrong all hell can break loose. For example there are user programmable possibilities with the key FOB as well as with the overhead and seats preferences. There used to be a sticky on this site about user programming keys but I can't find it for you - I've looked - anyone know where it is ?

such as .............................

[press unlock once to unlock driver only, or unlock twice to unlock all doors]
[switch on or off the 'beep' when unlocking]
[switch off the internal scanning when goggsie leaves his dogs in the car, but leave the immobiliser and alarm on]

Old 05-26-2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
[press unlock once to unlock driver only, or unlock twice to unlock all doors]
I think that has to be configured in the options accessed via the overhead menus.

[switch on or off the 'beep' when unlocking]
Not sure I've seen this option anywhere.

[switch off the internal scanning when goggsie leaves his dogs in the car, but leave the immobiliser and alarm on]
Press the Lock button 4 times within 30 seconds of arming the system. The turn signals will flash and the siren will chirp once to indicate that the intrusion sensors have been disabled.

This one is interesting, I didn't know about this until I just read my handbook:
If you use the key to unlock the door, you must turn the ignition switch to the ON/START position before the alarm will deactivate. This method will cause a temporary alarm activation until the ignition switch is turned to the RUN position.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:55 PM

Yes noted guys. I have found that click unlock once unlocks drivers and sliding door behind (thank god for this). I'm saying that because if you get out of car leaving the engine running after so long the drivers door locks. But good theft deterrent to stop anyone just jumping in and driving away.
I had a Volvo that you could alarm car with dogs inside but you had to deactivate internal scan via the computer on dash, under a once only deactivate on alarming.
As too QinteQ about his son, this sort of tells me something, tells me that I was actually holding the key fob when alarm went off. Did I invertantly press buttons, possibly. Note taken to this.