Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone to advise asap please

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by snowprincess
managed to get a recon from a chrysler part dealer on internet, 90 days warranty at cost of £90 so hopefully get me through christmas x just hope mechanic is not too long at fitting it now x
Is that the complete cluch assembly or just the pressure plate?

Old 10-10-2014, 04:22 AM

hi alan, its for the pressure plates, and 2 other things which i cant remember what, i may be wrong but im sure he said wheel and release? he did say twice it was everything i needed to get me back on the road and mechanic is charging me 130 to fit so still an expensive do so close to xmas but still better than 400 xx

Old 10-10-2014, 06:10 AM

The '2 other things' are more than likely the release bearing and friction plate. If so then that should be everything you need to get you back on the road. £130 for the labour is a good price.

Good Luck

Old 10-17-2014, 09:03 AM

UPDATE *** the "Guy" who said was a clutch set i needed didnt bother to tun up ater numerous messages etc which he read and didnt have the decency to reply, we managed to get another mechanic out and he said its not the clutch but the slave cylinder? its the one with a piston thing on the end, anyways hes fitted it but has had me pumping the pedal for quite a while now is that normal? hes now rang and asked someone to come down with a bleed kit as he reckons thats easier is this correct procedure as im now not sure what to believe

Old 10-17-2014, 11:23 AM

In your first post on this problem you described hearing a "springy metal sound". That's a mechanical type noise and that's why we suspected the release bearing or pressure plate. Leedsman thought it may be a hydraulic problem (which points to the clutch slave cylinder) but then you went on to say " i have checked the reservoir and as soon as i removed the plastic cap i can see the fluid".
So, assuming that it was the clutch reservoir and not the brake reservoir that you checked, and you could see fluid, then it's unlikely to be the clutch master cyclinder that's causing your problem.
If the mechanic has fitted a new slave cylinder and filled up the reservoir with hydraulic fluid, then it should only take about 10 pushes on the clutch pedal to bleed the air out of the system. That's assuming that the mechanic is releasing the bleed screw each time you depress the pedal. He shouldn't really need a bleed kit just for the clutch hydraulics if you're there to help him.

Whereabouts in the Country are you based. Perhaps somebody on the forum can recommend a local mechanic.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:15 PM

hi alan, ty for reply, after sitting here crying my eyes out all afternoon it looks like i will have to scrap my car, furious these 2nd lot of mechanics didnt return to my car today as promised, also looked under bonnet and they have removed several rubber pipes and jut left them, he was only occasionally under the car when i was pressing the clutch, im in east yorkshire, Hull, but my insurance runs out on the 19th and i cant afford to throw anymore money at the car and certainly cant afford another car, which means i now have no business, xx

Old 10-17-2014, 02:29 PM

If I lived near you I would help you out but I'm just too far away. Sorry.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:50 PM

alan dont be sorry its not your fault i am just so angry for being so trusting ,once bitten eh x

Old 10-18-2014, 07:43 AM

hubby had a look at car this am and we found a pic on the forum to compare with from glowplug? of the slave actuator? but i noticed that the new one the mechanic fitted yesterday the plastic flexible arms are snapped both sides would this make a difference to bleeding the clutch?

Old 10-18-2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by snowprincess
hubby had a look at car this am and we found a pic on the forum to compare with from glowplug? of the slave actuator? but i noticed that the new one the mechanic fitted yesterday the plastic flexible arms are snapped both sides would this make a difference to bleeding the clutch?
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense at all. Can you copy and paste the link from the page where you saw the pic and possibly include a photo of the new one that the mechanic fitted? (Glad to hear that you've not given up completely yet )

Quick Reply: anyone to advise asap please