Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone to advise asap please

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 08:33 AM

[URL="https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/chrysler-voyager-town-country-21/voyager-clutch-problem-6398/
hi i dont know if i have done this correctly but the white flexible arms as shown in the pic from the member are snapped, we have taken it off our car now and sadly the mechanic has not replaced the part as the one we got was from the scrap and was marked incase of return and the one we have taken off is not marked

Old 10-18-2014, 09:04 AM

Well I have looked at the two photo's and I have to say that is the strangest thing I have ever seen and the method of bleeding described by glowplug is the strangest thing I have ever heard.
From what I can figure out, the plastic clip is only needed if you remove the slave cylinder from the gearbox to prevent the piston from being pushed out of the cylinder (I think) Are you able to see a bleed nipple on the end of the slave cylinder, if so this is used in the conventional way of bleeding a hydraulic line.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:10 AM

Here is a simple explanation on how to bleed a clutch: Bleeding the clutch | How a Car Works
and here is a YouTube tutorial on bleeding a clutch using the same method that I think glowplug mentioned:

Old 10-18-2014, 09:21 AM

O.K. I have just watched the YouTube tutorial myself and I have to admit that I learnt something from it. I've not had to bleed too many clutches in my time and never had to resort to the method described in the tutorial but now that I've watched it I understand glowplugs theory and also realise that the plastic clips can be substituted by the 'G' clamp used in the tutorial. You will need to remove the slave cyclinder from the gearbox to use the 'G' clamp method. Good Luck.
Edit: Forgot to mention the the bleed screw is probably protected by a rubber cap to keep the dirt out. This will easily pull off.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:14 PM

well no joy im afraid the piston on the slave does not move in at all, but the mechanic has definitely not replaced the piece at all as i said it was marked by the scrap place and the one we have taken off had no markings on at all and was a pain to get nuts off as they were seized, now the mechanics not returning our part that we have bought and hubbys kicking himself as he said if he knew in the first place it was that easy to remove and replace he would of had a go in first place