Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Back in the game (nearly)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 01:05 PM

Good for you Scots-man, just don't feed it on chip fat this time my mate!

Old 01-29-2016, 01:58 PM

Captain Chrysler how dare you...Green Green...Chips are fried in Green inviorently friendly liquid which will save the ozone layer all around the world. As to Scotsman I'll see about setting up your new marriage at Gretna on your return with the new Lady..

Old 01-29-2016, 03:21 PM

The 2.5 actually ran fine on the biodiesel, but I've gave up on all that so it'll only get pump diesel.
Talking to the seller, it's just had a new battery. Luckily I bought a few resistors when I done the charging mod to the last one, this one might need it too.
He also mentioned a pipe replaced for the egr. Had never heard of it until tfb's thread, but hopefully that's a problem averted too.
I'll pop into Gretna Green on the way up, try to get a quickie ceremony before the wife tries to claim her.

Old 01-29-2016, 04:51 PM

4 was enough for me ........ wives that is. You also got your stow~n~go - that saves hell of a lot of messin about. What 'when I done the charging mod to the last one' charging mod did you do ? EGR's [Euro 4] are the devils instrument designed by tree huggers to empty pockets. Battery is £100+ starter for ten.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:09 PM

I always had bother come winter with my last Voyager, difficulty starting.
Think it had 3 batteries in 5 years, turned out it was undercharging.
Fitted the resistor to something under the battery tray (battery cold sensor or something?) and got it charging at 14.5v, up from 13.6v.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scotsman4th
I always had bother come winter with my last Voyager, difficulty starting.
Think it had 3 batteries in 5 years, turned out it was undercharging.
Fitted the resistor to something under the battery tray (battery cold sensor or something?) and got it charging at 14.5v, up from 13.6v.
Ah ! the Leedsman trick with the button thermocouple, yeh its in here somewhere with pictures. Unfortunately Leedsman's been sadly missed for some long time now. I'll find the post of his another day and re-post it for others.

You take care my friend, I'm going for a couple of cold 'falling down waters' and you can enjoy your nip, toot, or whatever large wee one you have as a measure.

Old 01-30-2016, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
Unfortunately Leedsman's been sadly missed for some long time now.
Has something happened to Leedsman?

Old 01-30-2016, 06:00 AM

Maybe he's..oh no..maybe..just maybe..he's bought another brand of Car...Ok I'll put my money in the Swear Box..

Old 01-30-2016, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
Maybe he's..oh no..maybe..just maybe..he's bought another brand of Car...Ok I'll put my money in the Swear Box..
I've done 3 trawls over the last 6 months and found no posting from Leedsman and any vehicle, his last post here was 07-24-2015 09:51 AM. Its possible he now lives in Torrevieja and as Goggy says is elsewhere in a warm part of the planet near Alecante dissecting his current car looking for a near zero cost innovation to improve things - yeh ! sangria and good sausages in 20°C winter sunshine - maybe he's speaking Spanish with a distinctly tyke affect.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:16 AM

Leedsman :

- IOD mod
- Of interest to those getting flat batteries.

I can't find his (1) battery button fix thread, nor the (2) whole header list I used to post as an index to this forum but I did find RIK's list the Allpar forums are here as is the Allpar Petrol Van section.

Quick Reply: Back in the game (nearly)