Go Back   Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums > Chrysler Vehicles > Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 AM

Default battery temp sensor

Has anyone dealt with the battery temp sensor? Can it be tested? 06 T&C 3.8L with random loss of battery voltage. Battery, alt, starter all pass two different parts stores tests. Dont want to waste time or $ on unneeded parts!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on ChryslerForum!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Dont want to waste time or $ on unneeded parts!
Well , if thats the case.....Look elsewhere from Battery Temp sensor. As the name implies, It measures the ambient temperature of the Battery and feeds this information to PCM....where your voltage regulator uses it to protect from overcharging a cold battery. A failure in this sensor would set a DTC and Check engine lamp, and would default to 65 degrees F., which WILL NOT CAUSE A LOSS OF VOLTAGE.

Now.....As I have asked before in other threads.....DO you buy Meat from the plumber??? Does the butcher come over to fix your leaky Toilet? ..Of course not...So why are you letting a salesman fix your car??? Parts stores offer these services to "SELL PARTS", and most of the "SCAN" and "BATTERY" boys are not competent enough to tie their shoes.

Bring the car to a COMPETENT mechanic, and ask for a PARASITIC LOAD TEST. If they dont understand..try again somewhere else.

We aren't ALL thieves, We're Just trying to make a living like everyone else , So Have A Heart.

If You wanted Dealership Service, You wouldnt Go To "Discount Quik Lube" , So why did you Walk into a dealership Expecting QUIK LUBE PRICING????

Ma'am, It costs so much money, because ...I CAN, And you CANNOT, And It matters Not to Me, Because I HAVE A RIDE HOME.
3/36 Does not mean 3 years and a day, or 36,001
Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to johner07

i also have this problem but Chrysler dealer in Monaghan Ireland dos not know what it is and its not showing up on the Chrysler software that this dealer has can any one help me its coming up as Battery Temperature Sensor Circuit Range Performance
Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM

take the battery out and have a look at the sensor,make sure it clean and the wire is complete,not broken bla bla... make sure it high enough that the battery is sitting on it,,,little springy

u cant miss sensor,round silver thing bottom of tray
Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 PM

Send a message via MSN to johner07
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pestilance View Post
take the battery out and have a look at the sensor,make sure it clean and the wire is complete,not broken bla bla... make sure it high enough that the battery is sitting on it,,,little springy

u cant miss sensor,round silver thing bottom of tray
i find it but it seens that the wire has being cut 2 black wires i had a look around for the other two wires but i can fine then so where will i fine a wire diagram for my 2003 voyager
Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 PM

Tags
03, 2000, alt, bad, battery, chrysler, country, sensor, temp, tempature, temperature, test, testing, town, voltage