Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

battery temp sensor

Old 02-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Default battery temp sensor

Has anyone dealt with the battery temp sensor? Can it be tested? 06 T&C 3.8L with random loss of battery voltage. Battery, alt, starter all pass two different parts stores tests. Dont want to waste time or $ on unneeded parts!

Old 02-08-2011, 06:28 PM

Dont want to waste time or $ on unneeded parts!
Well , if thats the case.....Look elsewhere from Battery Temp sensor. As the name implies, It measures the ambient temperature of the Battery and feeds this information to PCM....where your voltage regulator uses it to protect from overcharging a cold battery. A failure in this sensor would set a DTC and Check engine lamp, and would default to 65 degrees F., which WILL NOT CAUSE A LOSS OF VOLTAGE.

Now.....As I have asked before in other threads.....DO you buy Meat from the plumber??? Does the butcher come over to fix your leaky Toilet? ..Of course not...So why are you letting a salesman fix your car??? Parts stores offer these services to "SELL PARTS", and most of the "SCAN" and "BATTERY" boys are not competent enough to tie their shoes.

Bring the car to a COMPETENT mechanic, and ask for a PARASITIC LOAD TEST. If they dont understand..try again somewhere else.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 PM

i also have this problem but Chrysler dealer in Monaghan Ireland dos not know what it is and its not showing up on the Chrysler software that this dealer has can any one help me its coming up as Battery Temperature Sensor Circuit Range Performance

Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM

take the battery out and have a look at the sensor,make sure it clean and the wire is complete,not broken bla bla... make sure it high enough that the battery is sitting on it,,,little springy

u cant miss sensor,round silver thing bottom of tray

Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by pestilance
take the battery out and have a look at the sensor,make sure it clean and the wire is complete,not broken bla bla... make sure it high enough that the battery is sitting on it,,,little springy

u cant miss sensor,round silver thing bottom of tray
i find it but it seens that the wire has being cut 2 black wires i had a look around for the other two wires but i can fine then so where will i fine a wire diagram for my 2003 voyager