Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

blower motor resistor

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Default blower motor resistor

Hey does anyone know where I can find the blower motor resistor on my 1999 Town and Country? I have been looking at other places, also I have a Chiltons repair manual and I still can't find it.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Default RE: blower motor resistor

If you have the Climate control, then you have a 98 dollar fan control or if you have the manual AC you have 20 dollar resistor, either way you can access it by emptying the glove box, pulling the two retaining ears inward on each side of the glove box door andletting it swivel out and down so that you can get behind it. You should see the item you are looking for just above the fan motor. it has two connectors leading to it and two 8mm screws holding it in place. I replaced mine in the parking lot of the dealer with just an 8mm (5/16") nut driver in less than 5 minutes.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:55 PM

I checked behind the glove box and it is not there. Everything I have been able to find on the resistor has been on different years and that is where they say it is, but i still cannot find it. The wires from the fan go up from the motor behind the air bag and I cannot see where they go from there.My chilton manual does not say where it is either.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:11 PM

My instruction are for a LH drive vehicle. I am assuming that is what you have. the resistor is in the ductowork on the exit side of the fan prior to where it splits off. it is mounted into the side of the ducting and other than the fact that it has two plygs in it, you could easily over look it... look at the wires where they exit the fan motor. you should see a green and a blackwire. (may be different but just fond them). trace them to the reistor as there is nothing between to motor an the resistor except this wire. wher you able to disengage the glovebox so it allowed yu to see the fan and ducting?

Old 07-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

on a 99 the resistor is on the pass side cowel panel.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:57 PM

Sorry Loren, looks like I led you on a wild goose chase...

Old 07-08-2008, 11:01 AM

So, it looks like it is outside the passenger compartment, no wonder I couldn't find it. Thank you all for your reply's, I will try looking there.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Default Blower Motor Problem.. Help

I just replaced the blower motor in my car. Now when I have it set on high it blows like its on low and when its on low it blows even lower. I can barely feel the heat that is blowing out. Do I need replace my blower motor resistor? Or could it be something else??

Old 01-24-2013, 02:01 AM
tfb

What was it doing before you replaced the motor? and was a new or second hand part?

Regards
Richard

Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM

Richard,

It was squealing really bad every time I had it on. Then it just stopped running all together. I bought a brand new part with a life time warrenty.

Quick Reply: blower motor resistor