Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap reversing camera. How do i connect/wire this

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 AM
Default Cheap reversing camera. How do i connect/wire this

Got it off flea bay and this car is very hard to reverse into tight spots

WHEN I BOUGHT THIS BEFORE CHRISTMAS IT WAS £7.99. It must been mistake on their part lol

Car Rear View Kit 7" LCD Monitor + IR Reverse Parking Camera 8 IR LED 135Ā°Angle

Last edited by darkcild101; 01-27-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:17 AM

Nice one, about time you won one my friend,
the camera alone the camera alone
is nearly twice the price you paid.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
Nice one, about time you won one my friend, the camera alone is nearly twice the price you paid.

Wow i am tempted to put it back on ebay for £100

Old 01-27-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by darkcild101
Cheap reversing camera. How do i connect/wire this
The LCD screen has 2 video inputs so if you power the screen via the ignition you can use input 1 for a DVD player etc and input 2 for the reversing camera. You then need to power the camera from the reversing light circuit so that the screen will switch automatically to the reversing view when you engage reverse gear.

Edit: I see that both the screen and the camera are 12v so no need to worry about voltages. (most in-car cameras are 5v) You bagged a bargain getting the package for £7.99

Last edited by AlanC; 01-27-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by AlanC
The LCD screen has 2 video inputs so if you power the screen via the ignition you can use input 1 for a DVD player etc and input 2 for the reversing camera. You then need to power the camera from the reversing light circuit so that the screen will switch automatically to the reversing view when you engage reverse gear.

Edit: I see that both the screen and the camera are 12v so no need to worry about voltages. (most in-car cameras are 5v) You bagged a bargain getting the package for £7.99
Thanks

Old 06-28-2015, 04:36 PM

Where is the reversing circuit please chaps and what wires go where

Attached Thumbnails Cheap reversing camera. How do i connect/wire this-img_20150626_002100.jpg   Cheap reversing camera. How do i connect/wire this-img_20150626_002002.jpg   Cheap reversing camera. How do i connect/wire this-img_20150626_002148.jpg  
Old 06-29-2015, 04:10 AM

Well the easy bit is you connect the male plugs on the long wire to the female socket on the little camera and the female socket on the monitor.
Presumably you have another short cable that will plug into the red socket on the little camera. You then need to splice this into the power cable that goes to one of the reversing lights. You will also need to find a way of earthing the camera to the bodyshell.
The red cable coming from the monitor obviously goes to a 12 volt supply via the ignition and the black to earth.
Without reading the instructions, presumably you do have instructions, the rest would be guesswork.

Old 06-29-2015, 05:03 AM

Well the easy bit is you connect the male plugs on the long wire to the female socket on the little camera and the female socket on the monitor.
Presumably you have another short cable that will plug into the red socket on the little camera. You then need to splice this into the power cable that goes to one of the reversing lights. You will also need to find a way of earthing the camera to the bodyshell.
The red cable coming from the monitor obviously goes to a 12 volt supply via the ignition and the black to earth.
Without reading the instructions, presumably you do have instructions, the rest would be guesswork.
Its got like 6 lines of instructions (if i can even call them that). I will scan them and post here tonight

Old 06-29-2015, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by darkcild101
Its got like 6 lines of instructions (if i can even call them that). I will scan them and post here tonight
Can you also scan any diagrams that came with it (possibly on the outside of the box)

Old 06-29-2015, 08:45 AM

Can you also scan any diagrams that came with it (possibly on the outside of the box)
I will do tonight. The box is plain white nothing on it at all

Quick Reply: Cheap reversing camera. How do i connect/wire this