Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Chrysler Town & Country reliability - how does it compare?

Old 05-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Banned
Default Chrysler Town & Country reliability - how does it compare?

Because existing sources of vehicle reliability information left much to be desired, in late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research at TrueDelta.com. TrueDelta reports absolute stats like "trips to the shop" that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to provide reliability information on new models quickly. Also, any significant changes in a model's reliability become apparent quickly.

I collect data on two model years of the Town & Country so far, the 2001 and the 2005. I'd like to provide reliability information on all model years, but need more owners to sign up and participate. Altogether, 210 Chrysler and Dodge minivans are currently signed up. In comparison, 365 Honda Odyssey owners are enrolled, even though that minivan has been on the market for fewer years.

Update: now collecting data on 5 models years, 2000-2002 and 2005-2006. Very much want to get started on the new 2008.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members will receive full access to the results free of charge.

Details: Vehicle reliability research

Comments, questions, and suggestions welcome.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Banned
Default RE: Chrysler Town & Country reliability - how does it compare?

Always looking for more participants, because the more there are the more precise the results will be.

Latest results recently posted here:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

Updated results for the 2005 next month. For other model years it doesn't look like there will be enough responses this time around.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Banned

Just a few responses short with the 2001.

I'm now seeing 2008s (manufacturer cars) around Detroit. Planningto have quick initial results for the all-new minivan.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Banned

Next results in November. I could have initial results for the 2008 with the update after that one, in February, if enough buyers sign up in the next month or so.

More participants are needed for all model years.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Vehicle reliability research

Old 10-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Are people buying the 2008s? I still need more signed up before I can start collecting data. More participants also very helpful with earlier years, where the sample sizes are generally marginal.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Vehicle reliability research

Old 11-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Banned

A few more 2008s have signed up, but still far fewer than I expected at this point.

Also need more participants for other model years. I recently posted results for a few years, but only the 2005 result was not asterisked for insufficient sample size.

Auto reliability research -- need more minivans!

Old 12-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Banned

Finally seeing those 2008s. Up to 13 now. More participants for any model year always helpful.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

Finally seeing those 2008s. Up to 13 now. More participants for any model year always helpful.
I'm very interested in your findings! Please let me know as soon as their available!

- Sean T.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Chrysler Information

ORIGINAL: mkaresh

I'm very interested in your findings! Please let me know as soon as their available!

- Sean T.
Unfortunately, still just 14 of these enrolled. So May at the earliest.

More participants needed for all model years. For the details and to sign up to help out:

Auto reliability research

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chrysler Town & Country reliability - how does it compare?