Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Chrysler Town & Country Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Default Chrysler Town & Country Running Boards

Hello everyone,

I am new here and have a quick question before diving into the rest of the site. My parents have a Town 7 Country, and they are getting older, making it hard for them to get in and out of it. I was thinking a pair of running boards would help with this.

I found some online, and was wondering if anyone has tried them before. I linked them below:

Auto Accessory Superstore: 08-Up Chrysler Town & Country (LWB. With Stow-N-Go Seats) Running Boards

Thanks for all the help! Much appreciated.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:37 PM

There's even some second hand on Flee-Bay, chrome ones seem to keep their looks. .

Old 03-19-2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by EastWestAutoDetail
Hello everyone,

I am new here and have a quick question before diving into the rest of the site. My parents have a Town 7 Country, and they are getting older, making it hard for them to get in and out of it. I was thinking a pair of running boards would help with this.

I found some online, and was wondering if anyone has tried them before. I linked them below:

Auto Accessory Superstore: 08-Up Chrysler Town & Country (LWB. With Stow-N-Go Seats) Running Boards

Thanks for all the help! Much appreciated.
- less than 1/2 that price brand new on UK-ebay & elsewhere
- its unlikely to help much .. .. getting their arras in first and legs last is the trick
- getting their legs out first and arras last is the exit trick
- they might find getting into a Voyager is surprisingly much easier than a nice low other car with a 4" door-well
- that's the same for all AP's and bariatric or arthritic individuals
- the Voyager [and Multipla] has no 'door-we'll but is a very tall [road to floor] car
- to be really effective as a 'running board' the running boards would have to be at least another 2" lower than standard
- SSteel always looks worse than chrome even when its just been cleaned
-

Old 05-31-2021, 10:14 AM

Older parents and mini vans. I'm a older parents with a minivan. Use a walker and step stool. Both can be put in side the van. With the side steps and not used to them, they can be damaged too easily. Unless you can get the ones that automatically go under the van when you close the door, I wouldn't.