Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Considering buying 2011 T&C, UConnect/BT questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Default Considering buying 2011 T&C, UConnect/BT questions

Hi .... My first post! We currently have a 2004 Pacifica that we love. We are looking at buying a 2011 T&C, used, within the next week or so. I have some questions and I find that the dealers actually don't know what they are talking about 1/2 the time! LOL.

We are primarily looking at the Touring since they seem to be more readily available. Our MUST HAVES are all mostly basic on the Touring but we would like a DVD and Bluetooth/UConnect capabilities. I can't seem to get a straight answer on if that is included in the car. While I am car shopping is there a way I can figure this out while looking at the cars? I have pressed the BT button and recieved UConnect Phone not available. Does that mean that it has it but it's paired with anything yet? How can I tell if a car doesn't have it?

My other question is the DVD. Many of the cars in our area don't have the DVD. With the roof console running the length of the cabin, how do you install a DVD? I have looked at the headrest ones. We have two kids and that would work but are there any decent ones? Is there anyway to install one with the changer in the dash in that empty spot below the Temp Controls? I'd rather do that than have to put the disc in the individual dvd in the back ... my kids are 1 and 4 so they can't do it yet.

I am only looking at the 2011 due to the changes they made for that year from the previous models. Is that smart?

Right now we are seeing the Touring with between 20-30K miles in the $19K - $23K range. We would love a Touring-L under $25K but they are hard to find. I don't drive a lot as a SAHM so higher miles is not too big a deal but we don't want to go much higher than 30K.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 PM

I just bought a 2012 Touring, hopefully I can help you. The BT Uconnect feature from what I gathered is an option on the radio that comes standard with the Touring. If you have the button on the steering wheel for the VR and the Phone, I'd guess you have the option, as I have seen them without said buttons. As far as the DVD I believe they are "standard", although I have seen them without (the one I test drove didn't have it). Personally, I wouldn't pay the price they'd want for an OEM system, I'd consider getting one of the ones that clips to the seats that are reletively inexpensive if the one you are looking at is missing it unless they would toss one in for you.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:16 PM

We traded our 2005 Pacifica for our 2012 T&C Touring L.

If the buttons are on the steering wheel, it has it. When it says unavailable, it means there is no phone paired to it/no paired phone available.

We made a deal for a 2011, but in writing they were supposed to dealer add a "as factory DVD player". ******We later found out in 2011 Chrysler changed the vehicle so much, what was possible from day one is no longer possible.

You can add a MOPAR aftermarket DVD player that goes in the upper console and takes the disc by the screen, you can get a number of aftermarket players, but you cannot get a factory integrated player installed at the dealer that runs from the front "as factory".

I made a killer deal on an 11, a month later they took it back with 2k on the clock and damn near GAVE me a 12 to consummate our agreement of factory DVD player. I ended up paying them the difference in MSRP, minus the one months payment I never made= $270 cash for a year newer with two DVD screens AND tow package AND factory sunroof!

I started off in the very beginning of this hunt looking at used 2010's- not knowing the major upgrades in 2011. I saw the prices of the 10's not far under the used 11's, most with 20-40k miles. Then it was another small step from a used 11 with little to no mileage (and few if any options) to a end of year brand new 11 with lots of options and a fresh warranty. I just couldnt see getting so much less in this vehicle for a few thousand difference.

I would suggest chrysler.com or your local lots and look for those last few NEW 2011's. They are dying to get those off the lots, I heard a number from a guy the other day of 7K off sticker was the dealer offer. Id bet you can haggle 10.

Good luck.

BTW, we LOVED our Pacifica. If they were still being made new we would have bought another one. 130K miles it was time to go before we ended up repairing something- a problem we never had.