Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cooling system

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Default cooling system

Hi All,

i've got a grand voyager 3.3 petrol auto 96(r) old model....here is whats been happening

i have got a issue with the cooling system.......firstly the pipe between water pump and thermostat split, so i got and fitted another, run it until warm with no leaks.....took it for a drive about 3miles, checked again, i got a leak....now the radiator has split just below the top hose.....done a temp fix with some resin.....run it again until warm.....no leaks...went on test drive a again still no leaks until next day......wife took kids to school and back...still not leaking then school run again, all was good until she returned home(about 15miles) and it leaking again ......now the top hose from rad to thermostat is split...

....also i have something in the water which is a tan colour

i've tried to drain the system via the drain tap but nothing is coming out.

today i removed the radiator and flush it through, hoping the drain tap might clear (which it didn't)

my questions are...

what could be causing the pipes to split....i'm thinking a blockage somewhere? my mate said pcv valve!!

what could this tan colour stuff be in the water.....i'm thinking its not the head gasket, seems more like tranmisson fluid

the car runs ok at idle and whilst driving, temperature gauge is normal when driving and idle, something else i noticed yesterday was the fan did come on and temp gauge was nearly at first mark, this has only happened once

has anyone got any ideas

Best regards

peter