Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Crd 2.8 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Smile Crd 2.8 wont start

I really hope merlin sees this.

Robert here from stockholm.

Just bought a 2006 GV 2.8crd of the insurense company for a very good price. But with a good price comes trouble, lots of them.

Btw i do have a scrapyard near were im at and i know the guy who owns it and they have a smashed one with the same angine.

At first, The car didnt start att all. The car was earlier in russia and for u who dont know russia have the worst diesel in the world. Its like contaminated water.

I replaced all the injectors, the hp pump, timing belt, the whole fuelfilter thing and the cables due to melting plastic and leaking fuel/sucking air.

It still does not start, but it will start with starting gas sprayed in the airfilter, runs fine and no missfiring when ideling and no stalling or jiddering when driving at whatever speed or gear.

But as soon as i shut of the engine i will not start and it will draing the battery witch is btw a new one while im trying to restart the engine again.

I had the fueltank removed before i started replacing stuff and flushed it with fine and fresh swedish diesel

Anything right now would be helpfull.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:19 PM

Please anyone?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:20 AM

Nobody?

Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 PM

I wonder if the 2006 is the same as the 2007? This has an interesting setup for the EGR valve that includes what VM call a throttle valve that closes when the engine is turned off. It uses a solenoid to open/close the valve via vacuum and I would suppose that it it did not open immediately the engine might not want to start. I would run some engine cleaner through the intake system to remove that good Russian carbon and also check to see if the valve operates (you can see a lever moving below and behind the Exhaust Recirculation Valve.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 PM
tfb

you are going to have a great deal of difficulty trying to diagnose without some decent diagnostic kit.

Common rail diesels are quite simple, if the injection pump is pumping high pressure diesel to the fuel rail and the injectors are getting a signal from the ECU then it should run. BUT without a decent scan tool that can read the fault codes and read live data from the sensors and a oscilloscope to read signals to the injectors then you're a bit buggered.

Whatever you do, DON'T crack the injector pipes to see if fuel is getting to the injectors, the pressure in there is so high that the diesel can penetrate straight through your skin.

Regards

Richard