Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Cruise Control, Lights are on but no-ones home!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 05:28 AM
Question Cruise Control, Lights are on but no-ones home!

Been digging around and found a few similar issues but nothing identical so thought I would ask.

In short my cruise control doesn't work. When I turn it on, the 'Cruise' Light comes on on the dash but that's it, I can't get it to control the speed. I have read a faulty clock spring is often at fault however, would that not stop the cruise light coming on? Also none of the other things that apparently should be effected with a faulty clock spring are, ie the horn still works, air bag light goes off, etc.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? Bit reluctant to change the clock spring if its not at fault.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Default cruise light

hi nitro is your speedo working if not it will be the sensor which controls your speedo that needs to be replaced it also controls the cruise buttons I had this problem last year

Old 11-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by chrysler mike
hi nitro is your speedo working if not it will be the sensor which controls your speedo that needs to be replaced it also controls the cruise buttons I had this problem last year
Speedometer works fine. Where does the sensor for the speedo live?

Old 11-17-2013, 05:14 PM

well the guy who fixed mine says it at the back of the engine near the top ill get more info on this if you want ok regards mike

Old 11-18-2013, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by chrysler mike
well the guy who fixed mine says it at the back of the engine near the top ill get more info on this if you want ok regards mike
Cheers Mike, that would be good. I will have a squint at my Chilton manual and see if that shows it. I am about to take bits apart to change spark plugs and exhaust manifold gaskets so it make sense to at least have a look at the speed sensor and check the wiring at the same time.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Default Cruise will not set or hold speed

I found that the "hard" vacuum hose; connected from the cruise control to down under the battery holder, vacuum box, had dried out and disintegrated. Had to get Chrysler part, "hard" hose to replace and its working now.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by mdoro
I found that the "hard" vacuum hose; connected from the cruise control to down under the battery holder, vacuum box, had dried out and disintegrated. Had to get Chrysler part, "hard" hose to replace and its working now.
Hmm interesting, thanks for the info. Did you get the same symptoms as me? You can turn on the cruise control and the light comes on at the dash but nothing would happen beyond that?

Old 03-31-2014, 06:46 AM

I'd say my symptoms were the same as yours. I'd turn the cruise on, the cruise light would come on in the dash, I'd set the speed but the cruise would never start to hold the speed setting and engine and speed would immediately slow down. You should be easily be able to spot the "hard" vacuum hose or what may be left of it. An alternate cause could be the plastic vacuum container built into and under the battery holder as it could crack and leak vacuum.

Old 03-31-2014, 04:44 PM

Hi Guys

Yes i had the same problem on my old 3.3 voyager and it turned out to be the small vacuum hose at the rear of the battery had just come off i reconnected it and it was fine

Pete...

Old 04-07-2014, 07:08 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I will have a check and report what I find.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control, Lights are on but no-ones home!