Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

CruiseC/HORN/AIRBAG LIGHT. PROBLEM SOLVED/FIXED DIY Clock Spring

Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by KenSanDiego
Thank you, I will.

Anyone with a NON recall clock spring problem please report it HERE https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

The DOT has assured me they are very interested in hearing from people experiencing this problem since it disables the air bag.
Do you really think if there was such a problem they would have done something in the last 10 years? You see several in forums complaining, but thousands that never have a problem. They recalled the problematic years/models already. Get over it and do something productive like volunteer for meals on wheels.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-02-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by TNtech
Do you really think if there was such a problem they would have done something in the last 10 years? You see several in forums complaining, but thousands that never have a problem. They recalled the problematic years/models already. Get over it and do something productive like volunteer for meals on wheels.
Perhaps thousands that never has reported a problem. Did you think of that? I must say I agree with KenSanDiego. Any kind of a problem would never be recalled if it hasn't previously been reported as a problem. And most of the problems shows up at a later time. Besides, chrysler techs are trully the ones who are constantly bad mouthing anyone with complains. Why is that? Not enough meals on wheels?

Maybe that is why other brand are taking over your market share, becouse you do not know hot to LISTEN to a customer hence your products do not meet expected quality and needs? I believe if any one should reconsider about productiveness it's not us, the costumers. We always have a choice and we are making it.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:57 AM

I don't work for Chrysler. Their name is nowhere on my check. I'm just a guy who is telling you to get real with your expectations. If I thought they were, I would be telling you or even helping you find a way to get it done. Not here. No other car company or ANY company for that matter is going to, or should be expected to bend an ear to this nonsense. You buy a car, then you assume responsiblilty to make the repairs outside of the warranty period. It's been that way for decades so live with it. You can make the safety arguement to justify someone else footing the bill for your car repairs, but that crap isn't going to fly here. Of course you always have the freedom to call Chrysler or DOT or whoever the heck you want to. It isn't the problem on the scale you say it is. I know because i'm in the trenches fixing them every day for 20 years. Your tires are a safety item. You need some of those too??

Originally Posted by KenSanDiego
And why is it Chrysler techs are the ones bad mouthing anyone who complains? Never taking my car to a dealer for routine maintenance again now that I see what kind of people they have working for them.
Is this how you react when anyone tells you you're wrong? Pretty soon you won't have anywhere to shop for anything.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-03-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

My turn who was it that said the air bag was the first line of protection? That is completely wrong YOU are the first line by not fallowing to close or speeding or doing dumb things in any weather condition. Your seat belt is the main thing that stops u from going through the windshield not the air bag the air bag only stops u from getting a boo boo on your head from the wheel. Do u know where all the so called safety crap comes from? It comes from numbers that some one looks at and says ooh this year we had 3000 car deaths from people having there tires under inflated.
We should put sensors in there to make sure they know there tires are low for them. Gonna call the BS card on that one humm if u do your own basic stuff check tire pressure,windshield wipers work good,brakes are good oil and coolant in my car ok good to go. Taking some basic responsibility of owning the car there will be much less issues on the road. People in most part are lazy in today's fast paced world. SO your air bag or seat belt pre tensioner or side air bags and all that other good stuff wont same everyone from Darwin theory.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Smile Help

Not to repeat the question but I have a 2001 Chrysler town and country and its over 190,000 miles, Can they help us out concerning our cruise control, horn, etc.? I hear that they may help because it involves the airbag and is a safety issue. I bought this car used, unaware of the problem but I understand there will always be something to fix but I have fixed it up a lot so I am hoping we get some help here. Thank you!

Old 03-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

it wont be help here u are looking for if u want a dealer to absorb some of the cost u will need to talk to them .

Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 PM

Angelica - On rare occasions some dealers will fix a car at no charge or charge for parts only if the car is at best a few months out of warranty especially if you are a regular customer. Not going to happen on a 13 year old car. But hey, whats the worst thing that can happen if you ask?

If you have the luxury of having several dealers in the area, make it clear you are shopping around for the best price and see what they come up with. They will often discount charges to make you a happy customer. For that matter, any shop can change a clockspring. It's not rocket science.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 03-18-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:14 PM

Do you know a dealer in Amarillo Texas to look at my van?

Old 03-19-2014, 12:17 PM

okay thanks

Old 06-03-2015, 02:48 PM

I have a 2004 town and country. The airbag light is on all the time but the horn and other things work ok. Is it likely the clock spring? Is there a recall for 2004 year on this? Is it easy to replace? Is it expensive for shop to do it? Is there anything g else I can check - I have wiggled all the wars u dee the seats, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CruiseC/HORN/AIRBAG LIGHT. PROBLEM SOLVED/FIXED DIY Clock Spring