Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dip Stick and Bad Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Default Dip Stick and Bad Vibration

Two problems, Had a knock on the o/s/f since Ive had Voyager its a 2003 2.5crd, the steering rack was replaced along with the drop links and anti roll bar bushes which were all shot, the knock was still there but much reduced, also had a bad vibration when pulling away on a hill, turned out to be the rear bush on the front O/S lower arm, this fixed it is an awful lot better to drive, although I still have a little vibration when puling away I have put this down to a fu****** clutch, hopefully it will hold on till we return for a visit to the UK in April as I don't fancy doing that on my back when my nipper has use of a Ramp!!

This brings me to the Dipstick, when the correct amount of oil is in the sump the level on the stick is 3 inches higher than max, plastic handle is yellow, are there others?? I first thought Nipper had over filled it before I picked it up, but since I have drained it approx 6 ltrs came out and I refilled ith the correct amount of 6 ltrs, any one had this at all??

Old 10-09-2015, 09:22 AM

The offending bush

Attached Thumbnails Dip Stick and Bad Vibration-er-bush1.jpg  
Old 10-09-2015, 09:38 AM

My 2.5CRD takes 5ltr with new filter so you may be correct..
Need to go laptop from tab...

Old 10-09-2015, 10:46 AM

Trying to send pics, tab won't and Laptop acting strange since virus tried to get into it last night.
But anyway yellow it is and mine takes 5 ltrs...So it would go to about 3 inches with with 6ltrs..

Old 10-09-2015, 10:53 AM

Perculier, as the hand book says 6 and all the literature says 6, case of do not believe what you read, unless I'm looking at the wrong engine?

Old 10-09-2015, 12:43 PM

3 inches higher than max
correct amount of 6 ltrs

If the above .1. was fact then the above .2. must be incorrect

Hatched area on the dipstick for both hot & cold [a UK pint is 1.6 US quarts] readings, an overfilled box is much more damaged than an under-filled one. If you think the dipstick you actually have is an aftermarket wrong one, just park in a big car park and ask same year same type drivers if they will help to compare both - you have a camera phone - use it. Best of luck.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:52 PM

Not overly worried as I only put in 5.5 ltrs when changing the oil and filter, so next time I will just pour in a litre at a time to check where the level goes wrong. Not easy to find another Voyager in the South of France

Last edited by John Norrish; 10-09-2015 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:56 PM

Had to do a restore on my laptop to get it moving.
Anyway here's my dipstick after putting 5ltrs in it 1000's of miles ago. Yellow handle yes.
I'm still worried that its not using oil.

Attached Thumbnails Dip Stick and Bad Vibration-chrysler-voyager-dipstick-1.jpg   Dip Stick and Bad Vibration-chrysler-voyager-dipstick-2.jpg  
Old 10-09-2015, 01:01 PM

If you don't mind me saying mine is identical to yours but my level goes onto the flexi, oerrr missus LOL,looks like the quoted 6 lytr is incorrect, on this thought I may drain a ltr out, can always put it back

Old 10-09-2015, 01:01 PM

There's just something about the "South of France".
Besides, Sun, warmth, Med sea, cheap plonk and beer.

Quick Reply: Dip Stick and Bad Vibration