Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Door locks (locking

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:04 AM
Default Door locks (locking

Hey,
I have a 2000 Town and Country. Today, out of the blue, the door locks suddenly started to lock and unlock themselves. When I pressed the remote control the doors would unlock then lock by themselves. When I got out of the car and shut the door, the doors would lock all by themselves. When I was driving I could hear the locking of the door locks. It was like having a ghost in the car. The other thing is the passenger door lock switch worked sporadically. I disconnected the interior lock switch but it made no difference. I did read that this could be a problem related to the car battery. I attached a battery charger to the car and waited 15 minutes. When the charger was attached and I hit the lock button the car remained locked. I also tried removing the fuse and reinstalling it. At any rate, does anyone have or have had this problem with their T&C. Ps. Three weeks ago the car had a hard start as if the battery was dead. I cleaned the terminals and thought that was that. The battery is three years old and seems fine.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:08 AM

DOOR LOCKS (LOCKING ALL BY ITSELF) Sorry guys.... I made a mistake when I titled this post. I will be more careful in the future.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:34 AM

three years old and seems fine
- is about the stated average life of a modern battery
- get the battery properly read by
one able to calc proper CCA one able to calc proper CCA
- 99.9% of the UK garages do not have a decent battery tester including Halfords & KwikFit

Sounds like battery battery battery to me, in any case the battery is the first DIY on the diagnostic ladder. If it's like that in the summer the cold weather will kill it completely. Can I assume you are an infrequent short journey user ? Pull the battery and give it a full slow low amp charge cycle of at least overnight. Then what happens ?

Old 08-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Smile Seems to be OK Now.

I changed the battery yesterday and the issue have disappeared. Thanks for the post and interest in my problem.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Vikingtu
I changed the battery yesterday and the issue have disappeared. Thanks for the post and interest in my problem.
You are welcome my friend !