Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

DRBIII scanner in Seattle area to help read an SRS code

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Question DRBIII scanner in Seattle area to help read an SRS code

I have an SRS code on a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country. Anyone in the Seattle area have a DRBIII to help read the code?

Thanks in advance

Howard (Redmond)

Old 04-03-2014, 07:26 PM

A DRBIII scanner costs several thousand bucks. Dealers and well equipped shops have them. That said, there are many far less expensive scanners capable of reading SRS codes. Examples: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...code%20scanner

Last edited by Raptor 07; 04-03-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Question

Thanks Raptor. I know they are expensive. The reason I'm looking for one is because I bought [last week from Amazon] the Innova 3160d (newest and most powerful of their scanners) just because its product features specifically called out the 2002 Chrysler Town & Country as one of the vehicles that it can read SRS codes from. It gives me "Code 05 Left front crash zone sensor circuit" which is #1 a code no one recognizes, including Innova since they convert it to P0005 when uploaded to their RepairSolutions site and #2 as you know, the 2002 T&C has no front crash zone sensors, it has two accelerometers in the ACM under the front storage compartment inside the vehicle.

When I called Innova tech services they themselves couldn't find anything on a code "05" for the vehicle or why it was being converted when uploaded and said they would have their product development folks look into it. Sometime...

Do you have personal knowledge of a scanner that will correctly read the SRS codes on a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country?

Btw, the problem is the SRS light comes on and the only thing I've found so far is that if I remove and reconnect the yellow connector on the passenger side airbag that connects it to the harness that goes to the ORC/ACM it will reset the light for days, maybe even a couple weeks before it comes back on. I have cleaned, tightened and "re-tensioned" the connector's female contacts but nothing changes -- it eventually comes back on -- sometimes going back off a few times before staying on and the only thing that effects/resets it is removing and reinstalling the same connector for the passenger side front airbag and that works every time. Yesterday, with the light on, I pulled the plug to the ACM and read the resistance across each of the passenger-side squibs with a high impedance DVOM expecting to see something down in the 2 ohm range. Instead I saw what looked like an LC filter circuit -- initial reading of 10-13 ohms quickly dropping back down to 0. Then I reset the SRS light and measured it again and got the same exact reading.

Thanks for spending your time on this.

Howard
Redmond, WA
2002 Chrysler Town & Country Limited

Last edited by Howard_Woodard; 04-04-2014 at 10:34 AM.