Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver slide door power lock not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Default Driver slide door power lock not working

I have a 06 T&C touring. The power lock on the driver side slide door is not working. I can work it manually fine. before it quit completely, it would work intermittently. I tried to get the dealer to fix it, but my luck had it so it was working while at the dealer. Now my warranty has expired. I'm thinking a solenoid has failed, but I'm not familiar with the mechanics of the thing.
My questions are:
1- how hard is it to get to the thing?
2- how can I test it to see it a wire has failed instead of the unit?
3- if I get someone to fix it, what am I looking at as far as cost? I hate the idea of a guy looking at it for 5 seconds, and throwing a bunch of parts at it in an attempt to do the "shotgun blast" type of fix. I want to fix what is broke, not have them throw a bunch of stuff at it in an attempt to get it fixed.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:08 AM

Does it make any noise? Door actuators are common failures for Mopars, but my experience is that they will typically screech and work intermittently for a fair amount of time before complete failure. If it is the actuator, they are not too bad to replace, fairly simple. Don't remeber the dealer cost tho.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:01 PM

It isn't making any noise at all. I found a Hayes Service manual on my van and they say the wire the runs the unit has a tendency to get broken over time from the door being opened and shut. How would I go to test this?

Old 12-25-2009, 08:29 AM

Got it fixed. the locking mechanism was broken. Replaced it, works like a champ.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:32 AM

Please explain "locking mechanism" volly.. I've got the same damned thing wrong on my wifes TC and last night we had someone "break" into her van. Luckily she doesnt keep anything in there but I've got to fix it now.

Did you repair your yourself? How hard or what procedure did you use?

Thanks!