Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Electrical fault

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Bee
Default Electrical fault

Hi Guys/Girls
My GV 2.8td is throwing a wobbly. The power seat has stopped working and the alarm keeps going off. A few days ago the power seat stopped working and it kept loosing the radio presets which it has in the past. So I wiggled the fuse and it worked OK, as in the past. But now its stopped and I changing the fuse but still not working, and the alarm keeps going off randomly.
Any help appreciated.
Bee

Old 08-02-2014, 10:35 AM

Check out my thread on 07 30 14 about the IPM fuse box which has a problem regarding dirty connections due to position. Theres a picture of it there. You said by wiggling the fuse you got it to work so look there. But wait for QinteQ, Leadsman or tfb to come on with more detailed info.

Old 08-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Bee

sorry if im a bit thick but I can not find your post. 07 30 14 I don't know what that means.

Old 08-03-2014, 03:36 AM

July 30th, 2014.

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...x-check-22636/

Last edited by Raptor 07; 08-03-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Bee
Default thank you

Hi and thanks for the info. I took the battery off and undid the clip on the side of the fuse box and it lifted to the side exposing the connectors I managed to clean one or two before I ran out on contact cleaner. so off to maplins tomorrow to get some more. On the plus side my seat works now.

Old 08-03-2014, 05:14 PM

Always the first to eliminate is BUS problems, variously pulling the (1) IOD (2) pulling the NEG terminal or (3) un-clipping the fusebox will all achieve exactly the same outcome that of re-setting the BUS. That box top / lid comes off and as you know, and all the fuses are numbered in the lid, the bottom of the IPM fusebox is connected to the loom at the bottom, that too easily comes apart exposing the IPM / loom connects with a plastic clip on the side near the wing. You can see here how what Bee calls """exposing the connectors"" exposes an incredibly difficult to keep clean series of interconnected power boards and corresponding dirt, verdigris, and gunge. It should be noted that before you unclipped the IPM you should really have already pulled the NEG first.

Customer selectable settings such as gallons UK / US, seat, radio presets, mirror presets, one door / all door unlock and central FOB lock / unlock inhibits can be notoriously difficult to 'clear' even with the above (1)(2)(3) sequences. There seems to be an issue with the software being unable to clear 'embedded legacy' codes, even the 'desperation' trick of clamping the POS & NEG together to empty the capacitor held reserve power seems not to work. There is however a setting in tfb's code reader [BCM / reset customer preferences] that will allow a Chrysler over-ride clearing of customer legacy codes - I know of no other way of clearing this type of legacy code issue other than a decent code reader.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Bee

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:41 PM

Ah, so, Bee, has this cleaning of the connections on bottom of your IPM module solved all your problems, Seat, Radio and Alarm. Is everything back to normal now. Not sure who came up with this constantly on here, but is this the proof of the Pudding..

Old 08-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Bee

Yes all good with the problems I listed. I gave it a good clean with the maplin contact cleaner and some cotton buds you should see the crap and corrosion under there, and its all good. I've now ordered a new fuel filter housing because its giving me a code p1130. hopefully that will cure my problem with the motor.
thanks all for the help.
Bee

Last edited by Bee; 08-05-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:15 PM

Well done.

Leedsman.

Quick Reply: Electrical fault