Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

ETC warning light

Old 12-31-2008, 05:26 AM
Default ETC warning light

Hello there,
My question relates to brand new 2008 Grand Voyager 2.8 CRD. When outdoor temperatures drop below zero,following a cold startI have redelectronic throttle control light flashing on the dashboard. (Not sureif it is correct translation - this red light is onthe left hand side, right above fuel indicator and it looks like a lightning in brackets).Owners manualadvises to turn ignition key off and on again, and if the light does not go off, bring the car right to the servicecenter. However, when the car is cold, turning the key does not help to get rid ofECT warning light. I wonder if this could be some serious malfunction or just a result of electronics freezing in subzero temperatures? I do not see any adverseeffects whatsoever - ignition is normal, and engineis responding fine. Also, this warning light goes off when the car warms up after a ride (after restarting engine). Should I be concerned or just ignore the light? [:-]

Old 12-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Default RE: ETC warning light

HiNo take it in. it is probably nothing to worry about I suspect it is a faulty water in fuel sensor seen lots with your symptoms. Most are fix by just cleaning the connection in the fuel filter others need a new sensor. Is the outside temp correct on the display? Seen out temp faults too and there is a T.S.B out for this. But suspect the sensor I posted about is your fault.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:15 AM

Ok thanks. Most likely you are right -ETC light disappeared after it had become lot more colder (minus 20 C), so it was probably due to moisture. Now I have "Service parking assist" message instead :-) Perhaps it's due to freezing temperatures (hell, it's so cold here in Europe!) or my Voyager just needsto be washed...

Old 01-06-2009, 01:03 PM

Hi
Yes probably needs a wash if the sensor are mucky they can't work.