Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

front fuel filter 2005 grand voyager 2.8CRD

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 03:04 AM
Default front fuel filter 2005 grand voyager 2.8CRD

Not long bought this thing after 12 years of Volvos. I'm struggling to locate the fuel filter between the radiator and block. Can anyone help/post a pic?

Old 12-03-2013, 07:25 AM

Take the undertray off and you will see it, spin on type cannister.
Slightly towards the drivers side on the front of the block.
Two electrical connectors, one in the housing (heater) and one on bottom of filter (water sensor).
If you are changing the filter, make sure you dont leave the old "O" rings/seals on, its easy to start doubling them up.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Thanks for that information Roger. Now, what's the best way to relieve the fuel system pressure?

Old 12-04-2013, 02:13 AM
tfb

there is no pressure in the side of the fuel system before the injection pump. The injection pump sucks up the fuel, so just unscrew the water trap at the bottom of the filter to drain out the fuel otherwise it has a habit of running down your arm as you unscrew the filter and an armpit full of diesel is not pleasant.

After the injection pump the pressures are dangerously high when running, but you shouldn't need to disturb that part.

Regards
Richard

Old 12-04-2013, 03:59 AM

Richard,
Thank you for your response. Guess what I'll be doing this week...!
I also have an oil leak, but haven't figured out yet if it's the sump, sump gasket or crankshaft seal.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by HWM Chrysler
Hi.

HWM Chrysler in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey
While I appreciate you are a main dealer, I am not in a position to pay main dealer prices for either parts or service. Plus, I'm not near surrey....

Old 12-04-2013, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by HWM Chrysler
Hi.

11 desperate spam posts in such a short time. Spam on yer plate Surrey are a very helpful and experienced official Spam dealership who deal with fried, chopped, battered spam of any kind. Contact Spam via Official UK SPAMŽ Website and our expert team will be sure to help.
- we all know where the main stealer's are, we are here precisely to avoid you where possible
- you could make contact with the forum team who would be happy to take your money and allow your spam advert
- it would be 'banner' placed as the first click on this forum so we could each avoid being forced to read an unrelated post

Old 12-04-2013, 08:44 AM

Hi Volvomad
Just to add to what Richard has said, after you have changed the filter you need to bleed/prime the system.
There an 11mm bleed screw on the top left (drivers side) of the fuel filter housing, you need to crack this open and prime with the hand pump, thats the dome shaped bit on the other side of the housing. Use a bit of tubing if you don't want to get diesel all over. Just pump until you get fuel and no air coming out of the bleed screw.

While you are under there its worth checking the fuel heater plug, they have a habit of burning and letting air in, just replaced mine, it was pretty bad.

Regards

Rodger