Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glow Plug Relay, where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Default Glow Plug Relay, where to buy?

Pfff .. recently I replaced all 4 glowplugs but starting during cold days wasn't getting much better.. Glowing appear to do little good. (even glowing for 30 seconds or so)
This morning it got VERY cold and now the car doesn't start at all.. Ive got a very good battery but even after 20-30 seconds turning round not a single firing sound of the engine.. Tried that a few times but nada.

Now I suspect the relays is dead.
Although..
I did the keydance and it came up with
P1685 (code has been in the car forever)
and
P0340
It seems to have something to do with the camshaft sensor OR could have something to do with low battery (due to excessive starting)
Anyone any ideas on this?

For now I guess my glow relay..
My questions on that are:
Anyone know the cost of that part at the dealer? (or know what 3th party type/brand can replace that relay?

Or can I test that thing with my multimeter?

thx for the help

Old 01-07-2017, 10:10 AM

In my Voyager guide I read this and I dont understand what they are saying :

NOTE: If the Glow Plug Relay fuse or fuselink is open, refer to the system schematics for all circuits that are powered by the Glow Plug Relay fuse or fuselink to determine the cause of the open fuse/fuselink. Remove the Glow Plug Relay. Using a 12-volt test light connected to ground, probe the Fused B+ circuit in the Glow Plug Relay connector, cavity 30 in the IPM. Does the test light illuminate brightly?
All
Yes → Go To 4 No → Repair the Fused B+ (Fuse/Fuselink) circuit for an open. Perform ROAD TEST VERIFICATION - VER-2.

Where is the Glow Plug Relay Fuse?
What is a "Fused B+ circuit"?
What is cavity 30 in the IPM?

Old 01-08-2017, 02:21 PM

Oh....ke......
Car does start again.. Apparently the voltage of my battery was to low to start.. although the start engine was turning the motor over with no problem at all the compression was slightly to low to start.. at least that was what the AA guy told me.

Still the problem why the car starts very badly in freezing cold.. I still dont trust the glow relay ...