Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Grand Voyager 2.8 LTD XS 06 Reg

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Default Grand Voyager 2.8 LTD XS 06 Reg

Good Evening all,

I have just purchased Grand Voyager 2.8 LTD XS 06 Reg and have been advised by the dealer not to use the electric sliding doors while the ignition is not on as it drains the battery, can anyone advise me if this is true ?

Regards

John

Old 12-10-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by discojohnno
Good Evening all,

I have just purchased Grand Voyager 2.8 LTD XS 06 Reg and have been advised by the dealer not to use the electric sliding doors while the ignition is not on as it drains the battery, can anyone advise me if this is true ?

Regards

John
Its cobblers, a normal maintained battery will be able to handle that no problem. However leaving open the sliding [or rear] doors for a long time means up to 10 interior lights will be permanently on and flattening your battery.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
Its cobblers, a normal maintained battery will be able to handle that no problem. However leaving open the sliding [or rear] doors for a long time means up to 10 interior lights will be permanently on and flattening your battery.
thanks for the prompt reply, i have had the battery and alternator tested today and ben told that they are fine so not sure what to say to the dealer

Old 12-10-2013, 05:24 PM

If the dealer knows so little about things, don't say anything to him. Go somewhere else.

Leedsman.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:31 PM

thanks for the prompt reply, I have had the battery and alternator tested today and been told that they are fine so not sure what to say to the dealer
- are you asking about something general and conversational that the dealer said, or ;
- are you having specific battery / starting problems but did not say ?
- why have you had the battery / alternator tested ?

Old 12-11-2013, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
- are you asking about something general and conversational that the dealer said, or ;
- are you having specific battery / starting problems but did not say ?
- why have you had the battery / alternator tested ?
We have had the battery and alternator tested and everything seems to be working ok. The dealer mentioned when when we purchased the car not to use the electric doors with the ignition off as it will drain the battery but thought what's the point in having the electric doors if you cant open then lol, i have had a couple of starting issues but this it think was down to me never driving a desial or automatic before started first time this morning

the car is under 3 months warranty so just wondering what we need to do

John

Old 12-11-2013, 06:19 AM

We have had the battery and alternator tested and everything seems to be working ok. The dealer mentioned when when we purchased the car not to use the electric doors with the ignition off as it will drain the battery but thought what's the point in having the electric doors if you cant open then lol, I have had a couple of starting issues but this it think was down to me never driving a diesel or automatic before started first time this morning

the car is under 3 months warranty so just wondering what we need to do

John
You are right, the lunatic dealer was talking cobblers. Think about it. It takes at least 15 minutes of driving to replace the battery power used for one start. Is that dealer suggesting that everyone who wants to open the power door must :

- unlock and sit in the driving seat
- start the car
- open the door
- close the door
- then drive for at least 15 minutes to re-charge the battery

These CRD's can suffer badly in the UK winter if the battery is not in tip-top condition. Chrysler and the replacement battery industry have a nasty habit of fitting underpowered CCA [for a big compression engine] battery's. There are many UK CRD threads on here on the subject. In your case if the battery and alternator output have been tested you have done as much as you need to do to put your mind at rest. Just forget what the salesman told you and enjoy your GV.

NOTE : Battery's should be tested at 'rested' state, 99% are not, testing a warm just run battery can never give accurate results because the resistance and voltage in the cells will be changed from their normal starting or 'rested' state.

Old 12-11-2013, 06:24 AM

Thanks for the reply, i will use the electric doors and see what happens as just wondering why he would mention this, i am now also trying to find out of the cambelt has been changed it has done 93k and dealer not sure so trying to get him to contact previous owner to find out if this has been done