Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Grand Voyager Won't start (fuel...)

Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Default Grand Voyager Won't start (fuel...)

Good afternoon mates,

Glad to be a part of your community by the way

I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.5 Diesel and it won't start!
I've checked the fuel supply and there is NO fuel going to the injectors! I have started the car with starter spray!
Anyway,,,,, someone who is working on diesel pumps checked my pump and said it's ok.... and its an immobilizer problem!
WEll i have taken the immobilizer OFF (thats what i'm working on by the way :P ),,,, and i still got NO fuel coming!!

The problem is that i can't connect to the ecm via obd with any of my diagnostics.......

Is there a chance that someone has heard of a problem like this?

Thanks in advance

Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 AM

Is the lift pump in the tank working ok? Depending on the model year, you will either have a fuel filter mounted in a bowl next to the fuel tank, or a standard canister type filter in the engine bay. The under car filter is prone to being neglected during services and gets clogged with scum quickly if not replaced routinely (I do mine annually), so it's worth checking.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:08 PM

could be crank or cam sensor it no signal is recieved from either then the ecm wont let the fuel through to the injectors
i had a crank sensor go on my 2002 2.5crd
or could be the pressure valve on the back of the pump

Old 04-19-2012, 02:33 AM

I have just taken out the crankshaft position sensor and it is a Magneti Marelli FIAT one,,, with soldered wires on it! :O I have measured the Ohms on the sensor and i can say it's dead!
I have just tried another one i had here.... a good one.... and the car starts for a while and the it cuts suddenly!! After that the heater light is blinking!!
The weird thing is that when it starts for 4 or 5 seconds,, i cant accelerate too.... i can go up to 2000rpm... and then it suddenly "cuts".....

Old 04-19-2012, 05:48 PM

i would change the cam sensor too i know with the older shape voyagers they would replace the pair as brooke23 said is the pump at the back running when you turn the ignition on you should hear it run

Old 05-19-2012, 11:30 AM

not sure whether this will help or not - i have a voyager 3.3LE petrol, the pump is located in the fuel tank at the of the vehicle. i had a problem that appeared similar to the one stated above. the pump WAS operating but the fuel wasn't reaching the bleed point above the engine. my garage had toi drop the tank and examine the pump, using it to pump fuel and applying voltage to determine that the seal inside the pump was defective. once repaired the pump operated but the car STILL doesn't like running low on fuel and needs about 10 litres minimum in it before it will start on a slight incline.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:28 AM
Default Where on

Originally Posted by p0z3r
I have just taken out the crankshaft position sensor and it is a Magneti Marelli FIAT one,,, with soldered wires on it! :O I have measured the Ohms on the sensor and i can say it's dead!
I have just tried another one i had here.... a good one.... and the car starts for a while and the it cuts suddenly!! After that the heater light is blinking!!
The weird thing is that when it starts for 4 or 5 seconds,, i cant accelerate too.... i can go up to 2000rpm... and then it suddenly "cuts".....
Where is the crankshaft sensor on the 2.5 CRD please?

Old 03-24-2017, 03:19 PM

Don't see what sensors have got to do with fuel not reaching engine. Its a 2.5 so filters forward of rear axle. Air getting in and fuel running back to tank...

Old 03-25-2017, 10:04 PM

I'm not really knowledgeable about those diesels on that side of the Atlantic but it just seems to me that an immobiliser that can be defeated by simply removing it is not much of a theft deterrent. Personally, I'd want to revisit that issue. That's my 2¢.