Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Headrest Issues???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Default Headrest Issues???

Hey Chrysler Fans -

I own a 2008 T&C Limited and my rear headrests DO NOT LOCK into place. My husband is at the dealer as I type this being told that they are fine and there are NO ISSUES at all. Ever heard of anything like that? My 6 yr old daughter complains constantly that her back and neck hurts because the headrest hits her just right across her shoulders and causes her pain.

I told my husband not to bring the van home until a factory rep takes a look at it and in the meantime we have a loaner car. So basically we are paying for a car that we purchased specifically for the FEATURES AND BENEFITS and we are afraid to drive it because it is going to hurt someone.

I drive my Girl Scout troops to events and I am scared to death that one of them is going to get hurt if these headrests are designed all wonky. I pray to get an answer to this otherwise I am stuck with a minivan I will never trust.

S Fortner
Valencia, CA

Old 01-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Default RE: Headrest Issues???

Are you talking about the 3rd row bench seat or the 2nd row seats? If you are talking about the 2nd row do you have Stow-N-Go or Swivel-N-Go seats? I can only comment on the Swivel-N-go seats and say that I have 4 positions which lock into place and they are stable. The 3rd row bench headrests are the same way. Even if you have Stow-N-Go I would think that the headrests would lock into position. Since I dont have those seats I cannot comment any further on the issue. I would certainly get it looked at by the dealer. Take your daughter to the dealership and try out some other vans they have on the lot and see if it is the same or if it is different.

Steve

Old 01-03-2008, 11:50 AM

We have Stow n Go and it is the 2nd row I am speaking of.

Matt the Area Service Advisor (from Chrysler, not the dealer) says that his Tech Advisors are stating this is a normal operation of the headrest, but is looking further into it. The headrest falls while I am driving so I am positive that this is not normal operation. My hope lies with Matt, as he sounds like he is on it.

Stacy

Old 01-03-2008, 12:32 PM

Stacy,

Again I would go to the dealer and see if other stow-n-go vansexhibit the same characteristics as what your van is doing. Sorry I can't be of anymore help. I certainly would press the dealer on this issue. It is a matter of comfort but most importantly safety.

Steve

Old 01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
moe

is this what your talking about.moe
INSTALLATIONNOTE:Typical head restraint shown.[/b]

Position the head restraint (1) to the seat back.

Press the lock button (3) on the inboard sleeve (2) and push the head restraint down into the seat back.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:48 AM

My headrests in the 2nd row slowly fall while I am driving and ultimately end up sitting right on my daughters shoulders causing her pain.

I was told yesterday by Matt that I should lock them in the up most position and secure a pillow to the metal bars to keep my daughter's head from slamming into the bars should we be involved in a rear collision. He did change his tune a little when I asked for a MOPAR Safety Pillow. I mean it is a breand new car - I should only want CERTIFIED CHRYSLER PARTS IN IT RIGHT?

I WANT A MOPAR PILLOW - or I want my headrests to work the way they should. I was so angry after Matt tried to educate me on the purpose of a headrest. DID you know it is not designed for comfort? It is strictly a safety issue - why then would he make a ridiculous requests for me to SECURE a PILLOW to the bars for my daughter? Sounds like Chrysler has some re-tooling to do...

Stacy

Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 AM

Curious, I just purchased a used 2007 Chrysler Town and Country and found out after the fact that both the second row seat headrests were broken. The plastic locking tabs on both seats were completely severed off. As a result the headsets would not stay up - they kept falling back down into the seat similar to what was described above. Not sure how they came to be broken but luckily the car is still under manufacturers warranty and the dealer has ordered the parts to fix them. He is not sure if he will need to take the leather off the seats to make the repairs.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by 22chrysler; 02-13-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: wont delete