Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

HELP! PCV valve removal distaster :(

Old 06-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Default HELP! PCV valve removal distaster :(

I thought I'd take out the PCV valve on my 2005 T&C. Well apparently, they just don't come out very easily at all. It would spin freely, but I just broke butt on it for hours. Wound up breaking off a piece of the fitting the valve was sitting in. I've destroyed the top half of the valve and I still can't break it free. Tried starting the truck in the middle to heat it up. It ran bad with the PCV valve plugged and didn't seem to help much. What do I have to do to get this out? THanks!

Old 06-28-2009, 12:28 PM

If I had only known ... a simple torch butane lighter! Heated up what was left of the PCV valve and got it out. Now, I'm on the hunt for this PCV valve but I'm a little concerned about the "grommets" and the piece I broke off the plastic fitting. It seemed there are two semi-hard rings of plastic that hold the PCV in place. I partially broke the top one along with the part of the fitting. It seems I could just pop a new PCV back in place and stick a hose clamp on that sucker and it would have enough to seal well? There were no clamps on either end of the hose before.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by mrorange
If I had only known ... a simple torch butane lighter! Heated up what was left of the PCV valve and got it out. Now, I'm on the hunt for this PCV valve but I'm a little concerned about the "grommets" and the piece I broke off the plastic fitting. It seemed there are two semi-hard rings of plastic that hold the PCV in place. I partially broke the top one along with the part of the fitting. It seems I could just pop a new PCV back in place and stick a hose clamp on that sucker and it would have enough to seal well? There were no clamps on either end of the hose before.

Any hints here? I did the same thing, broke off a piece of the plastic fitting. I clamped the hose down tight on the new pcv but I'm still idling in park at about 2k rpm - any help appreciated... Is this essential to fix?