Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

I did it!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Default I did it!

Yep I did it --Again!
This time it's a 2013 Town and Country L with nav.

I purchased a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan in late 2005 and since it now has well over 200,000 miles on it (without a tune up - only oil, tires, and brakes) I decided it was time to think about another vehicle.
My wife agreed that we should get ANOTHER van - (notice I said another because she wants to keep the Dodge) just incase we have a problem.

Geeze - over $30,000 just because we might have a problem.

As you can imagine it was a bit of fun going to the dealer - we ended up with another light blue one so we now have an almost matching pair -

I certainly hope the 2013 hoes as for 200,000 plus miles without a problem!

Old 03-05-2013, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by NH_USA
Yep I did it --Again!
This time it's a 2013 Town and Country L with nav.

I purchased a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan in late 2005 and since it now has well over 200,000 miles on it (without a tune up - only oil, tires, and brakes) I decided it was time to think about another vehicle.
My wife agreed that we should get ANOTHER van - (notice I said another because she wants to keep the Dodge) just incase we have a problem.

Geeze - over $30,000 just because we might have a problem.

As you can imagine it was a bit of fun going to the dealer - we ended up with another light blue one so we now have an almost matching pair -

I certainly hope the 2013 hoes as for 200,000 plus miles without a problem!
You would of got that van for alot cheaper if you knew to go and ask for the fleet manager, they aren't there to make money off of sales. Even though my latest buy was a used 2007 Chrysler Town and country touring, going to the fleet manager saved me 2,000 dollars from the asking price of 6995.00.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 AM

I didn't say what I paid for the new Town and Country - only that it is an over $30,000 vehicle.

I got both the Dodge and T&C from the same dealer in Portsmouth NH (about 7 1/2 years apart) for significantly less than sticker. In fact the T&C was almost $5,000 below the sticker. (I checked some of the new car "buying services" and they were not close.) I might have saved a bit more but my time is worth something and their service has been exemplary.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by NH_USA
I didn't say what I paid for the new Town and Country - only that it is an over $30,000 vehicle.

I got both the Dodge and T&C from the same dealer in Portsmouth NH (about 7 1/2 years apart) for significantly less than sticker. In fact the T&C was almost $5,000 below the sticker. (I checked some of the new car "buying services" and they were not close.) I might have saved a bit more but my time is worth something and their service has been exemplary.
My post had nothing to do with an actual price, im just saying that a fleet manager would of gave you a better deal. You are a typical buyer that believes they got a deal when in fact they get the vans or any vehicle for that matter with a cushion( just a saying) to work with so the buyer will think they are getting whatever for a steal. Your amount that you saved under the sticker is exactly how they wanted it to look so you left happy im sure but they just used the practice that has been used for years. Several years ago some did a study on several vehicles and one that i remembered was over a 99 ford taurus, it cost ford little over 4 grand to make it but sold the base model for over18. As my 2007 town and country touring cost what it did brand new, it didnt cost nothing close to build it.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:07 AM

You are just like Brittney

Old 06-14-2013, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Hodges710
going to the fleet manager saved me 2,000 dollars from the asking price of 6995.00.
So you bought a 2007 Town and Country Touring model van for $4995? At a DEALER? And no trade-in?

Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hodges710
You are a typical buyer that believes they got a deal when in fact they get the vans or any vehicle for that matter with a cushion( just a saying) to work with so the buyer will think they are getting whatever for a steal. .

LOL How do you know that I am a typical buyer? "In fact" I do a lot of research before spending MY money on "any" significant purchase.

As for the new T&C van - I might has saved a few dollars going someplace else but this dealer has always given me good service and his price was the lowest I could find - including buyer's clubs, other dealers, and online new car delivery services.

AND I believe that salesmen, dealership owners, and the car companies deserve to make a small profit on what they do, but it should not be exorbitant. The coast of the parts to make something is only part of equation. There are R&D, design, advertising, etc. costs that apply.
Hodges710 - I suggest you get an education in economics.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:38 AM

Congratulations on your new mini van. I too got a pretty good deal from my dealership. It was the manager's van with 3,500 miles on it. A 2013 T/C L and I got it for $28,000, It doesn't have navigation or heated seats, but it does have the deluxe console, carpets, tinted glass and three year paint protectant, applied twice a year. It was almost $7,000 off sticker and dealer add on's.

Really amazed at how much more it has on it compared to my old 2005 Dodge GC. Also how much better it's put together. Fit and finish is very nice. The small touches you would never expect, like umbrella holder, built in rechargeable flashlight, fold in the door sun screens for second and third row windows. Also the 115 volt plug in. Was very glad to see the bigger brakes and ceramic pads on the Chrysler. I had so much brake dust on the Dodge GC that the wheels were always a pain to clean. So many standard features on it, like both front power seats, power lumber driver's seat, lane change warning light, cross path warning, hard drive built into the radio, U-Connect, DVD player, leather seats, on and on. Just soooo much more than what I had on my old Dodge. Dressed it up even more by putting on the wood look inserts around the A/C and heater, around the video screen, switches on the doors, glove box and gear shift. Fits right in with the wood look Chrysler put on the mini van.