Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interior lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 06:14 AM
Default interior lights not working

Hi all apologies if this has already been posted
Ive got a 3.3ltr grand voyager owned it almost a year and for the past 4 months the interior lights don't work. If I press unlock button on key fob the lights don't come on or when doors are open still no joy , the lights do work when all are pressed so I know the bulbs are ok. The things ive tried are as follows
new battery on vehicle (needed one anyway)
new battery on key fob for c/locking
the dimmer switch in all positions
removal of iod fuse
disconnect battery for 30 mins
So before I send van to auto electrician and spend minimum £50 so they can have a look at it is there anything else I can try or has anyone else had this problem
many thanks

Old 02-01-2014, 12:14 PM

Just guessing but if they each work when switched manually then it's probably a faulty relay. Check the diagram in the lid of the fuse box.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:14 PM

Does the Dimmer switch/control wheel bring up the Radio Light. If it doesn't suspect Dimmer or Relay. But if it does check for interaction between Radio and Interior lights.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Default Interior lights

Originally Posted by AlanC
Just guessing but if they each work when switched manually then it's probably a faulty relay. Check the diagram in the lid of the fuse box.
Hi thanks for the reply would this be the fuse box under the bonnet by the battery ?

Old 02-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Default Interior lights

Originally Posted by goggs
Does the Dimmer switch/control wheel bring up the Radio Light. If it doesn't suspect Dimmer or Relay. But if it does check for interaction between Radio and Interior lights.
The dimmer switch/control wheel don't do the radio has it's not the original an aftermarket CD player now fitted but it does dim the lights on dash (speedo) and the miles till empty / tempreature digital display

Old 02-02-2014, 04:04 AM

Hi thanks for the reply would this be the fuse box under the bonnet by the battery ?
Yes, the one on the right under the bonnet near the battery.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:32 AM
Default Interior lights

Originally Posted by AlanC
Yes, the one on the right under the bonnet near the battery.
I've had a look in fuse box under Bonnet and can't seem to find relay that reads interior lights is it labelled under a different fuse I.e cigar lighter accessory relay
Also my grand voyager is 99 model t reg should have stated earlier

Old 02-03-2014, 02:06 PM

If they push on, your key halo or glove box light is on then the 15 amp fuse #18 in the PDC is good. The BCM RKE circuit and door switches control automatic lighting. Other culprits could be the light switch or courtesy relay. Light switch sets the ground to the BCM that controls the relay.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 02-03-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Default Interior lights

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
If they push on, your key halo or glove box light is on then the 15 amp fuse #18 in the PDC is good. The BCM RKE circuit and door switches control automatic lighting. Other culprits could be the light switch or courtesy relay. Light switch sets the ground to the BCM that controls the relay.
Hi thanks for reply any idea where the courtesy relay is I've had a look under bonnet but can't find it. Is it named with another relay

Old 02-04-2014, 01:25 AM

#13 on the junction block panel under the dash. http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automo..._diagram_1.jpg

Quick Reply: interior lights not working