Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Intermittent ESP light Flash and lack of power when turning right - advice needed asa

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 07:56 PM
Question Intermittent ESP light Flash and lack of power when turning right - advice needed asa

My ESP light has started flashing at me and the power is choked while cornering or turning to the right only, This isn't heavy cornering... it started while cornering right onto an on-ramp close by, just after leaving the dealership where I just had an alignment done. ESP light flashes and cuts power to the engine until cornering is complete. I had brand new tires put on that morning at Discount Tire, then went to the dealership (45 minutes away) for the alignment. The dealership just had my DGC previously for 8 days for a Transmission Range sensor fault code and an EGR fault code (and a Rear Speaker open circuit code). They found I had a bad tire and needed an alignment also. So I agreed to pick up the DGC this last Thursday evening- Day 8-(after other issues were fixed), get new tires Friday morning, and return to have the alignment done. I took it to the dealership this morning, but they couldn't find any stored codes. They said they test drove it multiple times but couldn't find anything wrong with it, yet I had problems with it several times on the way to the dealership, and several times on the way home. Now I am supposed to take the DGC from Houston, Texas to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado this coming Friday morning (4 days away)!!! What could possibly go wrong trying to drive through the mountains like this ??? (sarcasm) Could the alignment procedure have caused this problem ??? Any advice ASAP would be appreciated since I need it for a long trip coming up in a few days.