Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent no crank/no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Default Intermittent no crank/no start

OK, so my problem is with a town and country 2003 3.8 v6. The first issue that i can now attribute is when i went to the grocery store one day. I get out turn the vehicle off and go inside the store. When i come back out the van will not start or crank when i turned the key, after about three turns it cranks right up. i dont think much about it and continue on with my day. I believe this happened one more time that day but again, it started so i am on my way. While driving down the highway as i am turning the van shuts down on me and i cant get it to start or crank at all. I get it towed to my house and come out the next morning to try and start it. First turn of the key, nothing, second it starts right up. Shortly after it starting it dies out of no where. I turn it back on it cranks and turns on no problem, left it running for 5-10 minutes and it seems to be ok. Turn it off then on then off then on again everything is fine. Turn it off one more time and try turning it on and nothing. Wouldnt crank for about 2 days after this when i go out and try starting it. try starting cranks up i drive it a little seems to be ok. I went to autozone to get the codes pulled and they are 0700 and 0725. after this i change the Crankshaft position sensor, car cranks and i drive it for a few hours and then again i make a final stop and the car wont start or crank at all. leave it where it was over night come back the next day and it cranks and i drive it home. Since then it has been sitting in front of my house not cranking or starting at all. The starter relay clicks and the starter is good. so is the battery. I am left with thinking it could be several things still. Possibly the pcm, or the neutral/park switch, or SKIM module. If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions i would really appreciate this. I personally think its the pcm because of all the research i have done. But i dont want to spend 300 bucks if i dont have to. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for anyone that helps and please feel free to ask any questions or leave any comments.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

what does it sounds like with it wont crank?

Old 07-11-2013, 01:46 PM

it makes no sound. the only sound is from the starter relay clicking.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

smack the starter then see if it comes back to life

Old 07-12-2013, 02:53 AM

have tried that, didnt work. the starter is good i have jumped the starter relay and it cranked over every time.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

red dot on the dash flashing or solid?

Old 07-12-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by memorytech51
have tried that, didnt work. the starter is good i have jumped the starter relay and it cranked over every time.
When you jump the relay you are taking it's output contacts out of the system and replacing them with a jumper. The contacts may be worn/corroded. Try replacing the relay if you haven't.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
red dot on the dash flashing or solid?
I just went to start the van...it starts right up. the red light on the dash just turns off. I think that when the van wont crank the light stays on. not positive will have to wait for van to fail again to be sure.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
When you jump the relay you are taking it's output contacts out of the system and replacing them with a jumper. The contacts may be worn/corroded. Try replacing the relay if you haven't.
I have replaced the relays with the other relays in the fuse box to no avail. the relays click but nothing else happens

Old 07-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

U have a skim key prob let a dealer look at it for u

Quick Reply: Intermittent no crank/no start