Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Lock unlock does not respond in right side door.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Exclamation Lock unlock does not respond in right side door.

I have a question, the right-side door suddenly no longer worked on , and check the harness and looks good electric button , any ideas? Yesterday was working normally and today I found this issue, I need your advise to know were can I start to troubleshoot this fail. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-02-2016, 07:19 AM

Hi there,

So, when using the remote, or internal buttons for central locking, the door lock won't lock or unlock? If you pull the button up/down does it move freely?

My suspect would be the solenoid/actuator inside the door that moves the lock in and out of position. These give up after years and years of use (well, they become weaker to the point they can't move the mechanical lock). Best option would be to take the door trim off, locate the door lock actuator (It'll look like the picture below)

And remove it from the door mechanics. Then try again lock/unlock and see if it tries to move/moves slowly, makes a noise, etc. That would suggest it's faulty and need replacing.

Attached Thumbnails Lock unlock does not respond in right side door.-door_35.jpg  
Old 09-02-2016, 02:19 PM

Yes further to AndyB's words. Was just reading a repair on a Jaguar S-Types sticky door lock problem and this one showed up. How do we find the guilty actuator. Right, whenever the car was locked it would immediately unlock itself. This would also occur when the car was on the move as the Jaguars anti-hijack mechanism would lock then unlock. A door lock solenoid was thought to be sticking so which one was it. Manually locking the vehicle with key in drivers side made no difference so it wasn't that one. This suggested that the passenger lock was the culprit. (Has this car only got 2 doors what about the back doors). Anyway sitting inside, if the passenger lock was manually operated the car would remain locked. So new lock mechanism solenoid required for this door.
Not until you read it, it seems logical.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:18 AM

Yes, he rights! I changed this part, and works, now I will review the old one, open, and try to lubricate, to see if works later.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:55 AM
Thumbs up

That's great news Carlos, thanks for posting back so others will know to look in the same place for this fault.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:42 AM

I had the same error on the same side. I changed the actuator yesterday and all works well now. I bought the actuator in China (20$ with shipping)

Old 01-05-2022, 01:05 PM

Hi is it difficult to take the trim off without opening the door? My passenger front door is the same no response from inside abs outside and the lock is not always popping up when opened with the key.