Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a Town & Country questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Default Looking to buy a Town & Country questions

Hello

Today I was looking at a 2014 TC and noticed behind the 2nd row of seats on near the sliding door there was a panel with a few different ports. A couple were USB and I swore one was an HDMI.
Ive searched high and low but cannot find anything about this cluster of ports.
The salesmen knew little about them except that he believed we could hook up an ipad or external hard drive to them to play videos on the screens.
I called Chrysler and they had no clue what I was talking about.

Can someone please tell me what these are for? Can I infact play movies over these USB ports or ANY of the USB ports via an external hard drive?
Is there in fact an HDMI port?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, what type of file can be played?

One last questions, if a DVD is being played on the rear screens can an mp3 player be used on the front speakers?

Thank you
Don

Old 05-22-2014, 07:04 AM

Blu-ray™ and DVD Entertainment System The dual screen Blu-ray™ and DVD Entertainment System, standard on the Town and Country S, keeps the whole family happy. With second- and third-row 9-inch VGA high-resolution screens that flip down from the overhead console, two USB ports, one HDMI port, all-new connectivity, and game-console inputs, the kids can view two separate movies or mix and match media. The rear USB ports appear to be for charging mobile devices only.

Blu-ray DVD system with HDMI input and two USB ports for recharging is standard on S. This system allows backseat passengers to view standard DVDs and Blu-ray videos or to play a high-definition video game system on the screens. Wireless headphones allow backseat passengers to enjoy this state-of-the-art system without forcing front-seat passengers to hear the accompanying audio.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:37 AM

Don Ryan, if what you say, presumably about Chrysler UK is correct, I am absolutely appalled at the sales effort there. I was a sales manager in 1968 selling HI-FI for Manny Cussins who was among other things chairman of Leeds United apart from being CEO of Waring and Gillow and John Peters Furnishing.
My boys in my dept. could answer any question asked by a customer about the equipment we sold, straight off, no referencing. They knew what an infinite-baffle speaker was, the RMS wattage output of every amplifier on show and if a cassette recorder could accept and play chrome tape. Etc., etc.
This was normal expectation from any professional saleman in the group. If I were sales manager at Chrysler UK., there would be some changes -- pronto. It shouldn't take a website like this one, and Qinteq, a senior contributor, to provide answers to your questions.
Don't the Chrysler UK people read their own website? For instance, already I've noted with approval the provision of an inverted 115volt supply for operating electric shavers and similar light load appliances. One assumes this will be 230volt/50Hz. for UK models.
Thank goodness for this Chrysler Enthusiast's Forum, and all the help that is freely given.

Leedsman.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:40 PM

Thank you for the responses.
Its appreciated!