Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At a loss, Heating system

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Default At a loss, Heating system

Hi there. My dad told me to join this so I can ask for help. It is icy and snowing here and I have no heat. I have a 2002 Chrysler Voyager. We have replaced the thermostat and heating core, the blower motor and the fuse. I still have no heat but it blows out cold air great. We thought it was the switch behind the heating *****, replaced it and still no heat. I really dont have the money to go fix it until after xmas but until them I'm driving 4 kids around bundled up with coats and blankets. I have no other choice. I choose my house payment over heat in my car. So I kindly ask for some mechanical advice here. My dad is rather good at fixing cars but he's stumped. Can anyone tell me what to look for next? Thank you.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:58 PM

Is it Diesel or Petrol.
Does the engine actually heat up.
What signs are there to temperature.
Is header tank at fill line.
Have you purged the air from the coolant pipes.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:57 PM

May be a dead blend or mode door actuator: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/br...4_191904_2.gif

Old 12-09-2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
Is it Diesel or Petrol.
Does the engine actually heat up.
What signs are there to temperature.
Is header tank at fill line.
Have you purged the air from the coolant pipes.
*I'm sorry I thought my dad had logged in and answered this. Yes the engine heats up. The temp is medium. Yes at fill line. No not purged he says.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:40 AM
tfb

We really do need a bit more information to help you properly.

What year?
Petrol or Diesel?
What trim level?
Manual or automatic temperature control?, 2 or 3 zone - can you set the left on right to be different temperature and the rear to a different temp? is it a digital display for the temperature select or a **** you twist?

Assuming that you are getting hot water to the heater core - look for a couple of hoses going through the bulkhead from the engine bay then the most likely cause is a stuck or failed flap. The flaps direct the air to different parts of the car and set the mix of hot and cold air.

I've attached a link to a diagram of the heater box which shows the different flap - you can manually move them to see if that gives you hot air.

The picture is sort of upside down, the flaps are close to your left foot if it's a right hand drive car.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6...it?usp=sharing

Regards
Richard