Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering a T&C (G/Voyager)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 08:46 AM

22's do look good I actually considered them at one point for my own but would have had to go down to a 245/25 22 in-order to maintain reasonable gearing. Although it could be pushed to a 245/35 22 which would up the rolling diameter to about 28.5 to 29 inches, however, I've ran tyres of that profile before and they were a nightmare.

Finally I decided on a 245/45 18 at just over 26'5 inches diameter which give enough sidewall to make life easier.

However, looking at the video I'd say the van there is at stock rear ride height and maybe running a 1 inch drop at the front although its difficult to tell.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by AlanC
Another option is to have a set of low profile tyres fitted to the standard rims. This will have the same effect, lowering the car by 25 to 50 mm but probably wouldn't help the looks of the car much, I think the wheels look too small for the car already.

This has low profile tyres but on 22" rims. Not sure if it's been lowered too but it looks nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSxXXBzQRwk

Alan,
Thanks for that link. After that video it showed a link to another vid advertising a Dodge Caravan Sport which seemed to be lower. Perhaps the Sport option parts are different and available? If so, I'm coming to the US in about 3 weeks so could get them......easy fix if so?

Thanks again Alan and all who replied.

JJ.

PS. There is a place in NW England that will re-profile the cart springs to any spec and supply modded hangers and bushes if needed.

Old 04-12-2016, 03:19 PM

Not keen on this idea of fitting undersize tyres on wheels and where wheel rim sticks out further than the tyre. Seen video of them fitting these tyres by injecting gas in the tyre then lighting it without catching fingers.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:11 AM
Default Loaded and Low

Well this is after I loaded 6 3ft wide boxwoods in the back...

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/sh...hare_link_copy

Last edited by jasanfor; 04-13-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
Not keen on this idea of fitting undersize tyres on wheels and where wheel rim sticks out further than the tyre. Seen video of them fitting these tyres by injecting gas in the tyre then lighting it without catching fingers.

Me neither Goggs. Over here it would fail our yearly test and would prob not meet the tire load figures.
I did it (as Chicano, with same diameter rims) years ago on a '66 Ford Zodiac - a big car for this side of the water.
I had already cut the coils all round so it was really low. The revs were maxed out at 70mph with the effective lower gearing.
The lowest car I ever had was a '71 Firebird and that was standard - used to ground everywhere!!! That got wiped out by a stupid brewery truck driver.....breathalysed me but not him - WTF!! Cop didn't like American cars perhaps. Luckily I don't drink.

JJ.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:52 AM
Default Try google image search, "Grand Voyager tuning"

you mean something like these?

Attached Thumbnails Lowering a T&C (G/Voyager)-gv1.jpg   Lowering a T&C (G/Voyager)-gv2.jpg   Lowering a T&C (G/Voyager)-gv3.jpg  
Old 04-21-2016, 11:58 AM

That green one is beautiful but I wonder if it's an artist's impression. Seems a bit odd spending all that money but not having tinted glass.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:29 PM
Default tints

Originally Posted by AlanC
That green one is beautiful but I wonder if it's an artist's impression. Seems a bit odd spending all that money but not having tinted glass.
Having looked again the windows are tinted green to match the car, I have seen other images of this car and it appears to be a real vehicle...Agree though it is rather stunning

Old 04-21-2016, 02:42 PM
Default How low can you go?

BUT the question is how low can you go????...I know not a Chrysler but OMGG

Attached Thumbnails Lowering a T&C (G/Voyager)-low1.jpg   Lowering a T&C (G/Voyager)-gv4.jpg   Lowering a T&C (G/Voyager)-gv5.jpg  
Old 04-29-2016, 03:54 AM

Sorry to be late with this - been away,

Those first 3 pics are just what I'd like to do - thanks Barry. I'd like a full spec. of what they did to get 'em down though. No info I suppose?

I said in an earlier post I'd check out the Dodge Sport. Useless title, it's the interior trim option. Over here if it's called a Sport, it's faster, lower and stiffer at least!!!!!.

JJ.

Quick Reply: Lowering a T&C (G/Voyager)