Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Manual transmission mystery

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Default Manual transmission mystery

I come here often, usually when I have an issue with my 2003 chrysler grand voyager 2.5 manual transmission diesel and I often find an answer straight away.

This time it's not quite so easy, I've looked and looked and I've asked a couple of mechanics too but no one seems to know what the problem is.

Before I explain the problem I suppose I should share my driving habits. I drive four times a day, all of these journeys take around 5 min so the car never really gets a warm up.

So a couple of months ago while doing one of my rarer longer journeys (an hour this time) the car popped out of gear, it did it in third and fourth a few times. A month later of short journeys without the gears popping out I do the same hour long journey and the same issue happened with the gears.
I took it to the mechanism and whilst they couldn't re create the fault they said that the engine mount was buggered and that if the engine was rattling around it could well pull the gears out. . We changed this and for a while of short journeys it was fine.
I'm currently away for a couple of nights, it was a two hour drive and for the last half it was almost unbearable, third and fourth would pull themselves out of gear almost immediately and second was fine as long as the revs stayed low.

I'm dreading the journey back but at least If someone has an answer for mei will be able to get it fixed when I get back.

I've run the on off error code thing and found that I have the following issue (though this is I'm sure completely unrelated)
P0131 Oxygen Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 1)

Thank in advance
Unsavoury