Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Master clutch cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 08:54 AM

You need to follow the YouTube tutorial I posted on page 4 of your other thread https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...e-23020/page4/

Old 10-30-2014, 11:30 AM

fitted but 2 things i have fitted the fluid pipe into the head and i have installed the holding pin, now im presuming if it wasnt pushed all the way in then i wouldnt of been able to fit the pin in?

Old 10-30-2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by snowprincess
fitted but 2 things i have fitted the fluid pipe into the head and i have installed the holding pin, now im presuming if it wasnt pushed all the way in then i wouldnt of been able to fit the pin in?
I can't help you with that I'm afraid. My GV is an auto.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:18 AM

grrrrr! master clutch fitted finally but it just wont bleed have used a full bottle of fluid, have also tried reverse bleed? where hubby pushed slave back, theres a little more pressure on the pedal but as soon as you try to put into gear it loses it? im very frustrated at the moment as hubbys left for work for the evening! any advice at all please, the master clutch is brand new

Old 11-02-2014, 09:39 AM

new snag. we have found out that the master and clutch slave should never be sold as seperates and should be bought already pressurised, well we managed to take the full lot off and bench bleed the full lot, we fitted it back into the car and instantly got a lot of pressure on the pedal, well it still wont shift into gear when the engine is on, do you know of anything else that we could possibly try before i admit defeat and have it towed? also when i depress pedal the piston moves which it didnt before when we were tying to bleed, tia xx

Old 11-02-2014, 12:31 PM

If you can see the slave cylinder operating the clutch arm, (the lever that goes into the clutch housing) then I'm afraid it sounds like you need a new clutch

Old 11-02-2014, 12:38 PM

i really didnt want you to say that :'( tbh a clutch new would cost more than cars worth and i think if i ended up scrapping it i will try and sell what i have just purchased over recent months, the new clutch master was a very nice 146 quid

Old 11-03-2014, 03:54 AM
tfb

Are you sure that the piston is engaging? I know you say it's moving, but is it moving against anything?

Regards
Richard

Old 11-03-2014, 01:33 PM

hi richard, when i depress clutch it moves back and forth and rests in like a cup?

Old 11-05-2014, 03:55 AM
tfb

ok, when you press the clutch pedal it should cause the piston in the end of the slave cylinder to move out. When that piston moves out it should press against the release lever, the release lever is "hinged" at the other side of the gearbox, so as the release lever is moved towards the engine it presses the release bearing against the clutch assembly - this is what disengages the clutch allowing you to change gear.

If we are sure the piston is now moving, the next thing to check is that if it is moving the release lever and that the release lever hasn't fallen off of it's "hinge" the pivot ball.

these pictures show it better than I can describe.

Don't give up yet!

Regards
Richard

Attached Thumbnails Master clutch cylinder-release-lever.jpg  

Quick Reply: Master clutch cylinder