Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modius Dash Cam.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 02:29 PM

Does the Mobius/memory card need Formatting, I noticed it was available.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:13 AM

Yes it needs formating. You can do it from your PC but it's best to do it while it's plugged into the camera using the Format function in the mSetup.exe.
So insert the card into the camera, connect the camera to the PC using a USB cable and switch your camera on. Run mSetup.exe, your camera should appear in the text window near the top of mSetup.exe. Click on that line in the text window to select your camera then select the Format option.

Old 01-01-2015, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
Nop plug Cam into Laptop and it comes up Problem with drive you will have to scan it...
At one point I got Mobius ActionCam Bootloader=V003,firmware-2014/11/17V2.25 installed.
Should have known it wouldn't be easy.
- most if not all Win computers will tell you to scan the card - ignore it
- the on-camera format tool will format your SD card to bog standard FAT32
- - better to use the on-camera formatting Win 7 & 8 will kick off if you try to do a Win32 format
- here's the whole tome on your new camera - best of luck goggsy

Old 01-03-2015, 03:21 PM

Yes thanks guys, just a bit held back at mo with trying to get fireplace built and log burner installed in our cold shed house, so my heads not up to it at mo, but loading this information to try against my Mobius.
PS.. Noticed choice of FAT32 and don't think I'm on that.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
Yes thanks guys, just a bit held back at mo with trying to get fireplace built and log burner installed in our cold shed house, so my heads not up to it at mo, but loading this information to try against my Mobius.
PS.. Noticed choice of FAT32 and don't think I'm on that.
You have my sympathy Goggsy, I've been helping my son and his wife move home over Christmas. They bought a cottage which was heated by an old wood burning Rayburn and no other source of heat. So I've been helping them figure out how to fire the thing up and stay lit plus I fitted an immersion heater for them so they can at least have hot water.

Cameras have been the furthest thing from my mind too. Hope you feel the warmth very soon.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:41 PM

Here AlanC, same here regarding little Wenlock log burner we had which only heated the living room. Got rid of the small hot water tank plus immersion in kitchen and bigger tank and heater now in loft.
It was way back in 1970's that I lived in a house that iced up the windows on inside in frosty nights and sadly I've returned to that.
Fire should be sited on the tile hearth within the weak then pipes just to connect.
Thanks...

Old 01-06-2015, 03:28 PM

Yes got it formatted and error seems be away.
Got some pics here of mode checks.
Only thing is how do I get picture from camera to show.
When I plug camera to laptop, the Computor section "F" used to come up but Modius now comes up as a blank page.

Attached Thumbnails Modius Dash Cam.-mobius-7.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-mobius-8.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-mobius-1.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-mobius-2.jpg  
Old 01-06-2015, 03:38 PM

Here's the other 4 sections on modes..
Is there any faults in these modes.

Attached Thumbnails Modius Dash Cam.-mobius-4.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-mobius-5.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-mobius-6.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-mobius-9.jpg  
Old 01-07-2015, 07:00 AM

Unfortunately your images are too small for me to make out but from what I can see it looks like you have got Motion Detect turned ON. You need to turn this OFF.

If you duplicate the settings that I use, apart from Rotate Video 180 (I have my camera mounted upside down so I need to use this setting) you should be able to record images when power is applied to the camera.

At this stage you don't need to bother with any of the settings under the Mode 2 Tab, Photo Mode Tab, or the Advanced Image Settings Tab.

These are my settings:

Attached Thumbnails Modius Dash Cam.-page-01.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-page-02.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-page-03.jpg  

Quick Reply: Modius Dash Cam.