Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modius Dash Cam.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 07:04 AM

When you have duplicated my settings, click on the Set Parameters button to upload the new settings to your camera. You should then get confirmation of the upload with a screen like this:

You can now disconnect your camera from the PC, connect it to your power outlet in the car and it should start recording almost as soon as you turn on the ignition.

Attached Thumbnails Modius Dash Cam.-page-08.jpg  
Old 01-07-2015, 07:13 AM

To vew images that you have recorded, connect the camera to your PC and within a few seconds you should see a Windows Autoplay Dialogue box similar to this:

Select 'Open Folder to View Files' to display a list of all the .MOV files you recorded onto your Mobius. Just double click on a filename to play that file.

Attached Thumbnails Modius Dash Cam.-page-09.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-page-10.jpg  

Last edited by AlanC; 01-07-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:04 PM

Right thanks Alan, got that all on camera, noted Motion Detect and wondered what Rotate 180deg was, obvious now.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:10 AM

Just one more point Goggsy, the camera won't record images while it's connected to the PC (it's not straight forward anyway). The easiest way to start recording is to connect a 5V power source, such as when connected to the car with the ignition on. Using the same configuration that I use, it will start recording automatically when power is connected, no need to press any buttons.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:04 PM

Yes should have said camera'd/pictured it onto my notepad...handy my Samsung pad that's wifi to my BT system...

Old 01-31-2015, 12:54 PM

Did you get your Mobius working yet Goggsy?

Old 01-31-2015, 01:57 PM

Errr no, given up on it time being, Its recording as per flashing red led at rear after plugging in to power outlet. But connect to laptop and can't get video out. Mobius is registered, there's many separate vids per each recording, but laptop not got capability to play them.
Used to play CD vids on this laptop. That page you put on her of selecting pictures or vids or others on list not coming up, so stumped.
Tried a Microsoft upload but it won't load.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:18 PM

Well it sounds like the Mobius is recording video now so you just need to figure out how to play back.

First off you need to copy one of the 'seperate vids' from the Mobius onto your laptop hard drive. You need quite a fast laptop to play back straight from the Micro SD card in the Mobius so it's always better to copy from the Micro SD card onto your computer.
Copying a single video file can take several minutes so just try copying one file so you can see how it looks.

Secondly, you may not have a suitable player on your laptop. Download the free VLC media player from here: VideoLAN - VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS!

Old 01-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Default Mobius ins and outs.

See pics as red screen comes up after clicking open with Video. Stays that way.
That's my vids in a row, I take it I should opt for max play and not 5min intervals that I notice is on Mobius setup.
Other screen after selecting open.
Have uploaded VideoLan and giving it a go.

More concerned about gale blowing outside tonight and us taking off.

Attached Thumbnails Modius Dash Cam.-forum-no-play.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-forum-red-screen.jpg   Modius Dash Cam.-forum-vids-line.jpg  
Old 02-01-2015, 04:19 AM

Hope your roof survived the overnight gales.

I would recommend that you change the 'Video Clip Length' on your Mobius to 5 mins.

Your first image, "Forum No Play.jpg" indicates that you are trying to play one of your video files with a programme called "Photos". Photos can't play this type of file because it's a .MOV. That's why you need VLC Media Player.

I had another thought about playing back video on your laptop. Perhaps if your 7" Samsung note pad has got a USB port you would be better playing back the Mobius files on that.

Quick Reply: Modius Dash Cam.