Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Fuel Pump Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Default My Fuel Pump Dilemma

This Question is only for those who have replaced a Fuel Pump (the in the Gas Tank Type) . The exact and specific Vehicle should not be crucial here.

A.......The Fuel pump on my 90 Caravan packed it in so I go and buy a new one...........(not cheap either)

B........I put the Tank back in and Fire it up...........runs like a charm but then I smell Mega Gas. Shut her down and observe Gas pouring out from the Top of Tank. What a mess because it dissolves the undercoating as it gushes out all over

C......Take out the Tank again and find out both hoses that attach to the pump hose bibs leaking badly at the connections

D......I used Nylon Zip Ties so I thought that was the Problem and therefore used hose clamps this time.

E.......But before I put the tank back in I pressure tested it to make absolutely certain that there was no leakage through the seal where the pump is installed. No Leakage whatsoever.

F.......Put the Tank back in the Second Time and fired her up and ran like a charm for 15 minutes and then Erupted again at the Pump hose connections on top of Tank.

G.........I am now taking the Tank down for the THIRD TIME.

MY QUESTION

Is there such a thing as a Defective Pump that produces EXCESSIVE PRESSURE ???????????????? I am at my wits end.

Any other ideas or questions I should be asking???

Old 02-23-2015, 08:30 AM
Default replaced many fuel pumps

the problems i think you are having is either you damaged the connectors oh the fuel lines when you took them off or you simply need to buy new connectors for the fuel lines.the lines have a lot of pressure on them.the pump have to push the fuel from the tank to the engine.i would 1st make sure the pump is seated correctly,and the seal and locking ring is on correctly,then i would go and buy new ends for the fuel lines and replace them.those should be locking ends on the fuel line.