Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

My Gig / Navigation Updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Default My Gig / Navigation Updates

Seeing as the My Gig system hasa USB connection, will we be able to download the nav updates on a jumpdrive (usb key) and upload to the HDD?

Is there a place where we can go to verify that my NAV / MyGig system is indeed updated with the most recent data and maps (streets).

All I can find is a website in the NAV owners manual that indicates the following address: www.chrysler.com/mygig but it seems to redirect you to the US Sebring page (I'm in Canada). I was rifling through my glove box and realized that my dealer didn't leave the CD (or DVD) for the nav maps.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Default RE: My Gig / Navigation Updates

I found a MyGig update at:

http://jeep.i-thrash.net/bin/mygig/NTG4_9.561.zip

I do not know if this is newer than the version that came in the unit.. Unzip it and burn it to a CD with NTG4_9.561 as the label.

Then when you insert it into your CD player in the MyGig it should start the update process.. Make sure you burn it to a good quality CD at a sloq speed.. From the feedback I saw in the other forum about this update.. If there is an error during this process your MyGig will no longer work.. So Update at your own risk..

I have not tried this yet.. I am just downloading the file now..

Gomez

Old 12-11-2007, 07:44 AM

ORIGINAL: GomezAddams

I found a MyGig update at:

http://jeep.i-thrash.net/bin/mygig/NTG4_9.561.zip

I do not know if this is newer than the version that came in the unit.. Unzip it and burn it to a CD with NTG4_9.561 as the label.

Then when you insert it into your CD player in the MyGig it should start the update process.. Make sure you burn it to a good quality CD at a sloq speed.. From the feedback I saw in the other forum about this update.. If there is an error during this process your MyGig will no longer work.. So Update at your own risk..

I have not tried this yet.. I am just downloading the file now..

Gomez
Interesting, I am a little apprehensive about this as I wouldn't want to smoke my week old Nav system and have to explain to Chrysler I was using a non-official release of an update....decisions, decisions.

But thanks for the info dude!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:22 AM

Anyone else have any other ideas?

I was hoping that I could download updates for free...but I think I may be outta luck and now have to purchase the CD to update.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:47 AM

I'm from Dodge Forums and I saw the post talking about the MyGig 9.561 update. There is an official release coming out on 1/18/2008. Go to this link http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_1103210/tm.htmto install the upgrade. I was reluctant to do it as well but went ahead and did it after discussing it with the person who posted the instructions. Everything worked as listed and have noticed many minor glitch changes and it also takes off the stupid law warning with the "Accept" button when you turn on your vehicle. I would read all the posts and many people have installed it with no issues. Hope this helps

Old 01-11-2008, 07:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Silkk19

I'm from Dodge Forums and I saw the post talking about the MyGig 9.561 update. There is an official release coming out on 1/18/2008. Go to this link http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_1103210/tm.htmto install the upgrade. I was reluctant to do it as well but went ahead and did it after discussing it with the person who posted the instructions. Everything worked as listed and have noticed many minor glitch changes and it also takes off the stupid law warning with the "Accept" button when you turn on your vehicle. I would read all the posts and many people have installed it with no issues. Hope this helps
I read the entire thread over at Dodge Forums. While it looks like the unofficial release works for some people, others are having some issues with the restarting etc. I am still weary, but slowly coming around. I did send an email to the Becker people to see if it would be possible to get an official CD version. We'll see.

Thanks for the info though silkk19.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:36 AM

I sent an email to the guys at Harman Becker requesting a copy of the "official" CD update for the MY GIG software. Steve answered and asked for my address and said he would send it as soon as it was available!

Now if I can only find a place where I can update the navigation maps etc...

Old 08-29-2008, 06:41 PM

Hi guys, I have the latest 9.807 update for yall.

THIS IS AN UPDATE FOR NAVIGATION MYGIG's ONLY!!
If you have a non nav this will NOT work on your radio so dont try to install it or it will ruin your mygig.

http://www.dodge-downunder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1176

Old 08-30-2008, 03:53 AM

Hi
This is a good site http://www.mofv.com/mygig/

Old 08-30-2008, 04:04 AM

yes, i am one of the main guys on there

Quick Reply: My Gig / Navigation Updates