Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

newbie with a few probs

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Cool newbie with a few probs

Firstly... Hello...

Im the proud owner of my first voyager.

Its an old girl 1998 S plate 2.0 LE she suits my needs very well and although only done about 50miles in her i know we'll get along just fine.

I got her knowing of a few probs. firstly she needs a good service which will be done in rhetorically next few days.

secondly the horn doesn't function.. but the air bag lights on and the cruise doesn't work. now my thinking is its either the steering wheel or the electric behind it simply because i had a zafira with the same issues and it turned out the plug wasn't connected in the steering wheel.

So question is this... is my thinking along the right lines or is there something else i should be looking for.. a have a few days off and would like to get it sorted if i can. i was told it was the horn but on investigation the car has 2 and find it hard to believe both would go at the same time.

and advise would be great

thanks very much

Neil

Old 09-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Just managed to find posts about the clock spring.. mine has 140,000 miles on it.. would it still be covered under the recall notice?

Old 09-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

call the dealer and give them your vin it will tell u then

Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 PM

It's nearly a given. The clockspring is toast. There is no mileage restriction. There is no time restriction. My only concern is does this apply to Euro vans: Recall Results | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

Last edited by Raptor 07; 09-30-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Smile

Have spoken to the dealer this morning and all booked in for Thursday morning.

Which is great.... thinking i may have to spent a few hundred ££££ to having to spend nothing but petrol money is always good in my books !!!

Thanks for the reply though.

Neil

Old 10-04-2012, 05:35 AM

took in the Voyager today, and got the coil spring replaced. they did it under the recal so all is good again.

Free = Happy Neil lol

Old 10-04-2012, 01:49 PM

Glad to hear the recall works over there too. Are you in Europe, Africa, middle east?

Old 10-04-2012, 03:31 PM

UK.. and yes glad it works over here too

Old 10-04-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Neil Shore
UK.. and yes glad it works over here too
Only those of us in the UK would know what an 'S plate' was. Most of the help available to us in the UK is from our American friends. Putting your country flag up in your nym is usually helpful in getting a response because people know where you are located.

I've had lots of useful advice in the forum, though you only get diesel advice form UK & EU owners, apart from aftershave and T-Shirts there's very little [by%] evidence of diesels in the States.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:57 PM

Since you mentioned it can you explain to all of us Yanks what S Plate or whatever plate means? May come in handy. I lived in England (Norfolk) for 5 years back in the 80s/90s but don't remember it mentioned. I never bought a car while there so that may be why. Is it something new?

Last edited by Raptor 07; 10-05-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Quick Reply: newbie with a few probs