Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

NO HEAT ...

Old 12-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Default NO HEAT ...

Hi all ...

I'm hoping someone can point me to an easy fix here . Have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. [:@]

My wife's Town and Country I just found out yesterday when it was 25degrees outside ... that the HEAT doesn't work.

The electronic control unit in the dash seems to be working fine , and the blowers work.

Both the front heat and rear heat blow nothing but cold air. (ICE COLD in this weather)

I looked for a fuse that might possibly control a valve for allowing hot antifreeze into the heater core , but couldn't find a fuse that even mentions heat.

Any suggestions ?

My wife drives some 80 miles a day so we're LONG out of warranty on this heap. (That looks like brand new and is just 3 years old)

I've never had more trouble with a vehicle in my life .

Thanks for any help in advance.

Old 12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Default RE: NO HEAT ...

I am having the same problem with my 2001 T & C. All of the blower controls, vent doors, and the like work well. It just has no heat - at least from time to time.

Now, what troubles me is that during times of no heat, the Temp. Gauge is not off of the C peg. Now, that seems to be easy enough - if the engine water temp is cold, the heater will blow cold air.

My question is, what will cause the water to stay cold after say, 45 minutes of city driving? Granted, this typically happens when it is below 25 degrees, but sooner or later the engine has to heat up, the thermostat opens and wah la, heat!

Thanks in advance for your reply,
Jimmy

Old 12-07-2006, 01:10 PM

Sounds like someone put in pure antifreeze .

I figured out my wife's problem .... After a line on one of the radiator fans shorted out and burned against the AC freon line which it's cut a nice gash in while shorting out against it ... the resulting shock took out a fuse that contols those fans thus they no longer worked and she cooked all the antifreeze out of the radiator so that no antifreeze was getting to the heater core.

THUS .... NO HEAT.

GREAT FRICKIN PRODUCT CHRYSLER!

3year old $35,000 minivan.

I WILL NEVER , EVER , BUY ANYTHING CHRYSLER AGAIN.

CURRENTLY THIS POS has no working ABS , No traction control working and Engine light constantly on , the front end rattles STILL after $1500 in work , the leather seats cracked up like crazy , added to the obvious manufacturing defect that could have caused a fire under my hood.

CHRYSLER .... You make a **** product and keep it up and you'll be the next manufacturer to fail in a falling economy ... and you'll deserve what you get.

As a Mercedes owner I'm ashamed at the product Chrysler is putting out and the service their dealers give is horrendous.

GOOD BYE CHRYLSER .... I will let anyone that will listen know , what a POS product you make.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:44 PM

Glad that worked out for you...

Mine was the thermostat. Turns out, it was stuck open. $8.00 part, two bolts off and on. An easy 15 minute fix.

Jimmy