Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Not happy :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Default Not happy :(

Today I was driving at the back of a small row of cars with a speed of something like 50 km/h.. I dropped a candybar and reached down to get it before it would slip underneath my pedals.
The moment I looked down to grab it I heard the screeching of tires..
The woman in the car in the front of the row suddenly saw she missed the exit to a tankstation and without thinking twice she firmly hit the brakes, forcing all cars behind her to an emergency halt.
All barely made it to stop in time, but me.. of course..

I almost made it, but I still smashed into the last one of the row, a small Renault Twingo..
The Twingo can be considered a totall loss, I completely messed up the back of his car and pushed him on the towbar of the car in front of him, effectively penetrating his radiator..
The woman saw the havoc she created, heard all drivers cursing her and got back in her car and hastily left the scene without even going to the tankstation..
Of course its legally my fault, but I still feel pissed off about the woman very much.

I can go out looking for a new headlamp, bumper and hood..

Attached Thumbnails Not happy :(-nothappy.jpg  
Old 08-28-2014, 02:40 PM

Could possibly be a set up but you weren't paying attention or were you enough. Bitches number should have been taken and reported just incase there scam didn't work right. Another reason to have a Dash Cam methinks.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:51 PM

Lets all be glad that you and others are physically ok

Old 08-28-2014, 04:01 PM

Harehills Rd. in Leeds has got itself infamous for people trying to cause an accident and subsequently claiming whiplash injury from the insurer. However this is diminishing a lot lately due to action from the insurers. Some insurers were actually selling info. to claims lawyers for sums like a thousand pounds incredible as it may seem.
I drive a lot on Harehills Rd., and directly I come across one of these characters trying to cause an accident (by driving very slowly) I put on my emergency flashers, headlights on full beam, and sound the horn continually, right behind them, but at a safe-stopping distance. This attracts a LOT of attention -- it's not long before they pull off the road down a side street. Thusly I was doing my little bit to curb this activity, and I'm not seeing it much anymore. Incidentally, if you live near one of these "accident-claims-companies", your insurance may well be loaded.
Having said that, nowadays there's no room for error like there was perhaps in the 1970s. There's just too much traffic absolutely everywhere. You need to be real sharp with your attention on the roads now.

Leedsman.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:58 PM

I'm pretty sure this was no scam since there where two cars in between me and the woman, it would have been a to complicated scam imho.
I have driven far over 1.000.000 Km (or like 650.000miles) in my driving career, and Leedsman has right. In modern traffic there is no room for error on the crowded roads, but you can be as careful as you want, one day you will make a small error and you'll be lucky if the damage is limited to steel and glass.