Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

On off switch for c pillar sliding door switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 05:08 PM
tfb

The door switches are monitored switches, that means they do not present an open or closed circuit to the BCM, but under normal conditions give one of two resistances (can't remember what they are off the top of my head, but I did find out when fitting an aftermarket entry system for someone).

The circuit dagrams can be found here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...TdfQldWeUZXZ0k

and the Body manual with the connector details can be found here
Index of /pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Service Manuals/2005_RG_Town&Country_Caravan_Voyager_Diesel_Versio ns_Include

test from the BCM connector for the change of resistance across the switch when it's pressed.

also confirm that the on/off switch on the overhead console is actually working by looking for a resistance change across it at the BCM plug.

If that all fails then it's got to be the BCM.

Regards
Richard

Old 07-29-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by andyb2000
Ok, its down to the usual diagnostics then if it's not looking like switched out, or the conditions the fellas have already mentioned.
Do the electric doors work at all, from keyfob, from overhead buttons or from pillar buttons?
If not from any of them and this is the case for both doors (and power boot?) I'd suspect the fuse has blown, so take a look (right hand side black box inside bonnet as you face the back), the key for fuses and relays are on the lid. Check fuse and relay as if all those aren't functioning that'd be my bet over other things first.
But, that said fuse may have blown for a reason, ceased up motors or a short in the cable harness in the sliding doors is the next best bet.
Process of elimination now and a bit of logical thinking you can probably get them running again no bother.

Let us know how you get on
Fobs dont work, been like that since i bought the car. The overhead switches on console work and do open the door sometimes. I think the chain/rail needs repaired but the console switches definetely work

Old 07-29-2015, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by tfb
The door switches are monitored switches, that means they do not present an open or closed circuit to the BCM, but under normal conditions give one of two resistances (can't remember what they are off the top of my head, but I did find out when fitting an aftermarket entry system for someone).

The circuit dagrams can be found here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...TdfQldWeUZXZ0k

and the Body manual with the connector details can be found here
Index of /pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Service Manuals/2005_RG_Town&Country_Caravan_Voyager_Diesel_Versio ns_Include

test from the BCM connector for the change of resistance across the switch when it's pressed.

also confirm that the on/off switch on the overhead console is actually working by looking for a resistance change across it at the BCM plug.

If that all fails then it's got to be the BCM.

Regards
Richard
Where is the BCM again? I know where the FCM is but not the bcm

Old 07-30-2015, 08:08 AM
tfb

up behind the pedals