Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Offside Headlight Beam too low.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 01:37 PM
Default Offside Headlight Beam too low.

Hi guys, MOT in 2 weeks, got brakes to service, handbrake to adjust to try and make it hold, ABS sensors to check for fault light and offside headlight hitting road just in front of car.
Well I realise you's can't give me good weather to do it outside but need to know how I can lift the headlight beam. Dipped beam seems ok in both lights and lifts/drops with adjuster wheel. But full on offside beam points down. There's two torx adjusters atop light unit, will adjusting one help or has the electrically operated adjuster in the headlight gave up.
Got a feeling it needs a new light unit, but willing to bypass system.
Anyone worked on these lights.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:05 AM

My Grand Voyager 2001 euro model has two knurled female bolts (you need a torx bit 7MM to adjust the headlights the one on the outside furthest away from the engine lifts and lowers the beam on my hope that helps

Old 10-20-2014, 02:08 PM

Yes thanks TomC, I got one of these torx spinners off Flee-bay just for this job and still to try it. Its this load adjusting mechanism inside the light unit that's bothering me. But I can see its another one of these jobs that's needing defined on here. Here goes anyway with result to follow.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:58 PM

I replaced one of the motors of the adjusting system and its a real pain in the *** to re assemble.
You need to get the "****" of the motor to click into place into some plastic holder. I used a falt nose plier for that.
Next I set the adjuster wheel to highest position and adjusted the beams with the Torx key. I parked the car in front of a wall to see how the beams where pointed, after that I testdrived in the dark

Old 10-21-2014, 02:59 PM

Yes Vmaxxer, I take it the headlight comes to bits that you were able to repair motor.
Would be a case of stripping down both light units and setting them both up according to good headlight. I take it motor in light is 12v and testable.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:18 PM

Adjuster motor is easily accessible at the back of the headlamp and be removed by 2 screws and 1 connector, only to "click" that know was a pain.
The small motors are pretty cheap to buy on E-bay. 10 to 20 pounds..

Old 10-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Default Headlight adjustment.

Right that's that fault worked out. For headlight beam its just an adjustment to torx screw atop unit, anti-clockwise to lift beam. I don't see anything broken inside and torx screw mechanism does lift lens.
The weight compensator wheel on dash with motor inside headlight only operates the dip beam, well should have realised that, or should I as you wouldn't want high beam dazzling the Moon when loaded up.
Anyway Just to take it out in dark to adjust.

Attached Thumbnails Offside Headlight Beam too low.-chrysler-headlight-1.jpg   Offside Headlight Beam too low.-chrysler-headlight-2.jpg  
Old 10-23-2014, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by goggs
Anyway Just to take it out in dark to adjust.
Hi goggs I just put mine in front of the garage door at night and brought both into alingnment but the other week when it was foggy I notice the the offside been was pointing toward the n/s which it isn't supposed to do to I adjusted that the next day in a car park at the end of the road when it was foggy

Just remeber if its gonna take you a while to tweak it leave the engine running when it on full beam I nearly flattened my battery lol :roll eyes: