Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

P0135 Code Driving me Batty. Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Default P0135 Code Driving me Batty. Help !!!

OK I replaced my 1/1 O2 sensor (Upstream of CAT). The replacement one instantly illuminated the MIL Light and I got the P0135 code. I checked and the resistance accross the heater circuit was around 8 ohms instaed of the 3-4 as stated in the service manual. So I exchanged it for a new one and installed it all good started van all good ran about 10 min all of a sudden MIL light came on and I went back to Autozone and they said it was P0135 code again. So I went home removed O2 sensor and checked heater Circuit and it read at 3.5Ohms which is in spec.
so I reinstalled it and Thi stime when I started it I waited whit key on until Brake and ABS light went out (3 Sec or somthing like that) Started van and all was fine ran it about 15 min no prob, no light all good.
Later I started van and did not wait till Brake and ABS light went out ( Probably less then 1 sec from on to start) at exactly 1:10sec The mil light came one. again P0135. Disconnected Battery Checked O2 ground to engine ground and I found it was at 1.4Ohm instead of .5Ohm or less, Found a Braided cable ground strap at front of engine cleaned its contacts well and then I recieved .3Ohm SO all cool.
Started van again waiting till brake and abs light went out and all was great ran it until it reached operating temp and fans came on (Id say 10 min at most) Shut it off waited about 30 min restarted it with Brake ABS trick and all was great again ran 10 min now prob.
I thought all was good until 5 min ago when Girlfriend went to go somehwere and started van but waited about 5 sec after Brake and abs light went out ( I don't even know if that allows preheat or not exactly).
In about 2-3 min Mil light was back on.
I assume it is anoter P0135 but I have to go to Autozone to be sure.
What the heck is going one here?
O2 sensor Ohms in Heater Circuit is OK according to Service manual, O2 ground to engine ground is below .5Ohm as stated. I can't check the Voltage due to no ODB acanner or the software and connector I mentioned in anoter post.
I am down to my last $100 for the month or at this point I would have it commited to a Chrysler Mental institution (along with myslef at this point).
Anyon had this weird situation happen with the 1/1 O2 sensor??
I believe the Sensor is fine according to Resistant Test, The O2 Ground to engine ground is OK. Why is it so wacky to work sometimes and other times not so much? I even triple checked the connection to make sure it was a good connection and all seems great in teh 4 way plug.
I am about to go Cuckoo here I have never had such obstinant sensor and system be working one min and then not another with nothing I can find to explain why it is casuing the MIL light to come on.

Thanks To everyone for all your help, Like I said if I had not spent my savings and be down to basically nothing I would judt take it in but that is not an option not to mention was supposed to go through DEQ last month so I am so at my wits end.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

go get your money back for that bosh 02 sensor and get a factory one

Old 10-19-2011, 07:47 AM

ok. I was wondering tonight if it was something to do with a aftermarket o2 sensor.
Do I just go to the MOPAR dealers parts dept or do I need to order it?
Thanks again I appreciate it so much.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

just call the dealer up and ask them if they have one

Old 10-19-2011, 02:10 PM

Hey thanks a ton that was the ticket once I connected a factory one it worked great.
Amazing how that works. I also heard thet the Mopar Purple Shaft cams work much better then the aftermarket ones ( My Uncle races cars and he swears by them never uses anything but Purpleshafts)